Coming time to publish new release of HyperLobby. This release adding support for "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover", IL2-1946 dedicated server, updating difficulty settings for IL2-1946 4.11m patch and fixing few outstanding bugs. Here is brief changes from the latest public release:
- Support for game "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover".
- Added new difficulty settings for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 introduced in 4.11m patch.
- Update difficulty and localPort settings for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 dedicated server.
- Fixed default difficulty settings constants (Easy, Normal, Realistic) for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.
- When changing difficulty settings "Maximum players" list was populated incorrectly.
Support for game "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" is done partially because IL2CLOD developer team silently ignored my requests. Oleg Maddox is not anymore part of 1C but in spite of this he help me with implementing basic functionality. Big kudos to him. To Use IL2CLOD with HL there must be done few tweaks to Steam and the game itself. Good news is its nothing complicated.
Known issues and requirements for the "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" game and Steam settings to run HL correctly:
- Steam must be run and be in online mode.
- Disable "Steam cloud config storage", Click "View>Game list" menu in the Steam main interface, right click "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" item "Properties", then click tab "Updates" and uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover". Its because HL need mangle your ini files in order to setup game sessions correctly (Same way we do it in IL2 series for ten years).
- Hyperlobby cannot change your name in online game session, you must do it yourself in your Steam profile, Click "Steam>Settings" menu in the Steam main interface, Then click "Friends" tab and change your "Profile name"
- Hosting a game (not dedicated server) will not enter the game server screem like in IL2-1946, you must click it manually via the ingame menu "Multiplayer>Server".
- Dedicated server need special setup. Some hints you can found at 1C forum: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22038&highlight=dedicated+server.
- Guide how to setup dedicated server with HL reflecting various needs: http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=20669#20669.
I hope You will like this release. If you found any issues regarding this release please post em in to our Community support forum.
If you use HyperLobby, and are happy with it, i'd love if you would consider donating. Donations help keep the updates coming, pay for bandwidth, and help pay for the time spent maintaining and improving the software.