After short but tireless development stage next HyperLobby 4.2.x is done. During this development cycle we are focused some long standing issues and one major change in the gameinfo subsystem. The game information system was unfinished for years and was major blocker to add lots of new features than are in my development queue.
The old way to use game informations system was clicking the games in progress slot, clicking popup menus over username, in some cases it not fit your screen etc. The new gameinfo system is completly clickless. When you mouse over an object of interest (server in games in progress or username in the player or friend lists) the gameinfo tooltip window will automatically show and automaticaly hide when its needed. Joining the game in progress can now be done only by doubleclick. Because its new feature it still may have minor issues, so feel free to inform me about it via our forum. Using this system is major change to the HL user interface and your experience with using this will change over time :)
This is briefly changelog from leatest stable release (4.1.2)
- New reworked gameinfo popup system.
- IL2 Sturmovik (classic) game is back in the list due to requests of players.
- Enabled ability to try join game in progress whish is not supposed to be joinable (for example coop). A warning message will popup if player try join this type of game because it might fail.
- Added commandline parameter -i x where x is instance value. This si usefull if you host multiple servers on one computer. This feature support separate login/settings profile per HL instance and is compatible with HL autoupdate system.
- Provide detailed errors if a file operation fail.
- In some cases game path detection code will raise Runtime error 52.
- Cancel popup menu do not force lists refresh anymore.
- Improved performance of the game search.
- Replaced VB's msgbox by api equivalent. Default implementation causes HL server session corruption in some cases.
- Implemented delayed player lists updates. It was allmost imposible to click selected user from those lists under busy times. Also continuous lists updates causes HL to lag itself. The delay betwen updates is 5 seconds now.
- Close window menu item from the windows taskbar now working as is supposed.
- When you close HL when game is in progress, a warning dialog inform you than the game session will be closed too. Before this all was closed without questions.
- Fixed lots of other minor issues ...
Complette release notes you can found as always here. The development thread was closed and for information purposes has been leaved here.
For the next release i starting working at those major features:
- Player counters will be be updated form IL2 1946 game directly, so the counters will show actual player counts.
- Since the game informatons will be gathered directly from the game server i looking for posiblity to show COOP game servers in game in progress window when they are in mission prepare stage.
Thats all for now