Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - HEY! Wait For Me Lads!!
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
AirBadger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm brand new to HyperLobby and a perennial newbie to "IL2 Sturmovik", which is to say that I've had the simulation since it was first released and gradually bought all the add on packs one at a time.... but despite my fascination I never really got the hang of it.

Now I'm back in the air again having bought "1946" despite my objections to paying again for games I already have, so that I can fly the latest patched version with a friend of mine online and I'm pleased to say that I'm enjoying it as much as ever.

Flying online has injected new enthusiasm into me and this time around I'd really like to get a handle on the game properly. So I thought I'd turn to the experts (that'd be you folks then) with two early questions which I remember from last time that I never found the answers to.

I'm starting by flying the career path for the RAF and I've two questions flying the Hurricane, which I distinctly remember also coming across while flying "Pacific Fighters" last time around.

1/ My orders say I am to fly on the wing of ... oh I don't know... Flight Officer Biggles say. But despite carefully searching all the preflight blurb, I can find nothing which indicates which Hurricane Biggles will be flying. How do I know?

2/ I just can't keep up with the rest of my flight. Even if I run at 110% power all the time they still pull steadily away from me, in fact I generally never catch up with them after take off, only getting closer once in a while as they change course. (Of course it goes without saying that my engine soon overheats at this level.)

The gear is up and so are the flaps and in any case the Hurricane as modeled only has "raised" or "landing" settings for the flaps, so I can't really go wrong there.

I wondered if it might have something to do with "complex engine management", perhaps not switching on an intercooler or some such thing at the appropriate moment. So as I have no idea how to use this (for now) I turned it off at the difficulty settings, but to my disappointment this made no difference.

Ok that's it then, any help you can offer is very much appreciated.

All the best

Badger

StarFoxHeroSJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote

I have some of the same problems you are having. Use your flightpath with the map screen, that works fine. I also read that with the Hurricane, you will need to rudder just a teensy bit every so often, but not too much. (or maybe it was the Spitfire) I also got some advice that you can't yank the throttle around, you have to move it slowly and gently.

But, I am also a nOOb, you might not want to take my advice there, just try it out and see.

AirBadger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote

Thanks for chipping in Starfox Smile 102 views and only one reply from a fellow newbie? Bit of a disappointing result from the aces here at Hyperlobby, but all's not lost as when it was so quiet here, I posted the question at the IL2 site and the answers flooded in. Smile

See you in the air chaps. (I'll be the one falling behind.)

Badger

mr_sly

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote

im a newbie too but i did notice when playing online with freinds that they claimed they could not catch up when i was only using 75% throttle and so perhaps not turning props so fast does infact improve arodynamics. may seem wierd but that has always been the case when i could not catch up and viser versa
Rolling Eyes

aaron886

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote

#2... learn how to manage the engine correctly. (I'm still learning also.) You need to combine proper RPM, pitch, and mixture to maximize engine output. Also, consider using WEP if you have it. If the aircraft is using auto-pitch, or CEM is off, it still may not be max-performing.

Again, I'm still a newbie. I tend to think the AI uses a simplified flight model enroute to target or something.

B_O_L_T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quote

I realise this is an older thread but will post anyway in case it helps someone else out.
When flying with the ai, select autopilot to maintain formation, I realise this sucks but the reason is that the ai has boosted performance over aircraft when you are flying. This is true of all ai pilots, enemy ai too; it is the one thing that has always killed the offline game for me. The topic was debated hotly with Oleg but it was never changed, ai always has boosted performance, it's to make up for the lacklustre flying skills of the ai pilots.

Almost forgot the first question, but you probably have it figured by now, flights are ordered by number with wing leader always being 1 and so on down to the nub at the bottom.

crazybee1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote

hey i have a question how do i play online with other players?

crazybee1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote

every time i hit multiplayer on il2-sturmovik forgotten battles nobodys on

X32Wright
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quote

Because you have to use HL and not the multiplayer INSIDE the game for it to work. HL actually launches the game after you have entered a game server or joined a COOP.

crazybee1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:42 am Reply with quote

whats HL is it hyperlobby

crazybee1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote

and if it is how do i get to it to use it

Darc
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quote

http://hyperfighter.sk/content-8.html

all answers are here

HL is Hyperlooby shortcut