Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Thanks for warm welcome back
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
vmf214pappy
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Hello this is VMF-214_Pappy, some of you old timers, may remember me I have been flying under this gamer tag since 2002 and if you look at my join date for HL it is 2006 here is my issue.

I logged into to HL today after some 2 years, currently I am deployed in Afghanistan in Us Army, I was looking up some old friends and squadron mates or attempting too. Well 5 seconds I mean 5 seconds after logging in BH_Woodstock informs the lobby there is a impostor and PM's me to change my name or be banned forever, without even inquiring to who I may be. It seems apparently in my absence another squadron has taken the callsign VMF-214, now I am not in grammar school and not going to pull the we where here first play. One thing I will not and ever do is change my callsign, I have used this callsign since UBI than converting over to HL back in 2002, our squadron was very active for years in the community, some of them are still flying under the AH tag. Now this arrogant admin banns me why, cuz he can, I was trying to explain the situation, but wow things have changed since I left. It seems the community has gotten smaller with new and newer pilots out there, and it looks like you could use all the flyers you can get, if this is how you going to treat someone who has been absent because of military duty than so be it I can get along just fine not using HL and will just stay away from IL2 in general. I really looked forward to getting active again after my return from Afghanistan in a month.

vmf214pappy
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote

I guess my TOS violation was impersonating myself.

BH_woodstock
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote

unkicked for now until this is sorted out.seems you were kicked from lobby in 2006.. with same tag so for that reason alone i will unkick you until this gets sorted out.

BH_woodstock
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote

btw..welcome back

vmf214pappy
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote

Okay thank you, just a mis-understanding getting worked out. Here is little more from the VMF-214 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=375f1Qpt3r8

_RAAF_Furball
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I remember you ......
Welcome back.

Doghouse
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi Pappy, welcome back. I remember you too, it almost seems like a lifetime since you deployed. I regret the unfortunate misunderstanding the other night and wish I was around when it took place. There are two different 214 squadrons around and the admin in question was only doing his job thinking you were impersonating the the other fella. There has been a lot of that going on lately and we've been cracking down on it. This leaves us with a potential problem with to 214 squadrons and two Pappy's. Since everyone involved are adults I think it's best the staff stand down and let you guys try to sort through this first.

Again, welcome back to hyperlobby. And thank you for keeping our country and and family safe by your service in Afganistan.

VMF214_Pappy
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote

S! Pappy,
Sorry for all the trouble, and the late reply. I just remembered my login info...lol

Before all this took place, I did do the research for any 214 squads in the lobby and asked a few Moderates about forming a VMF/214-BlabkSheep squadron, I was told that there was such a squad but none have flown in over a year and that it was ok to proceed, Woody did not know who you were at the time of your banning, and I feel that it was my fault. Sense then you and I have had a chat in the Lobby about this issue and I hope we can work this out on TS3 when you return from the middle east. You told me that your squad has joined other squads sense your deployment. One of your old squad m8s logged on the last week asking me if I was you, as this has happened a lot, as always I say no. I explained to vmf214-HaVok what had happen, so I do not expect you or any of your squaddies to change tags, but would like to join forces in the future.

Be safe, keep your head down, and we'll talk when you return.

I have changed my tag in the Lobby to .VMF/214_Gramps

View next topic
View previous topic