Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Let's get over with that "OVERFLOW" problem, shall
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
RedMelody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:39 am Reply with quote

I posted a thread in june last year concerning the overflow problem as you may be interested in.. http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=331&highlight=overflow

I sincerely thank every body who gave me suggestion. It is clear that the overflow problem is not caused by screwed installation, because if you switch your language setting to occidental language, for example English or French which is single byte language, after the required reboot, everything is fine, no overflow everything goes fine and smooth. BUT if you are with the default language settings, say Chinese or Japanese which is with double byte character sets, everything screws up occasionally and in the worst situation you just cannot start you HL program which is very very annoying and frustrating as well.

Upon my observation, I assume the problem lies in the language thing, if your system is single-byte dominated, everything is okay; if your system is double-byte Windows, you either have to switch into single-byte by making some changes in your control panel--language settings, but you have to switch back to default, which requires a reboot, otherwise you will not be able to run some programs or anything related with double-byte texts; or you have to bear the occasional error which takes away the joy.

I do hope in the next version of HyperLobby, you can fix the problem, the single-byte and double-byte thing! Thanks for the time reading my post. S!

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:14 pm Reply with quote

With double byte u mean unicode i think. VB5 have support for this thing and uses automatic conversion from to, but there is a lot of unfixed bugs. In one system languge it shoud work and in another not. I cant do with it anything. Switch the development enviroment is imposible ...

RedMelody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote

Dear Hyper,

Exactly it is the unicode thing!

Please don't take me wrong, I am not asking you to switch developing environment or anything. Apparently the VB5 doesn't work at all, therefore I don't think it has something to do with the problem. What I am asking you is try to fix the problems that keep bothering the double-byte language system such as Japanese, Chinese or Korean which occasionally would encounter critical runtime error using HyperLobby. I don't think that you need to switch your operating system to Chinese Version, if you are using nt based system, you can simply try to switch your unicode setting in your system's control panel ---> language settings ---> Advanced Settings. Turn the unicode to Chinese, reboot, logging onto Hyperlobby, maybe you can discover the problem.

Thank you very much for your time! ~S~

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:36 am Reply with quote

[quote="... you can simply try to switch your unicode setting in your system's control panel ---> language settings ---> Advanced Settings. Turn the unicode to Chinese ... [/quote]

Cannot. Chinese not listed there for me. I have English WXP SP1 ... I also install all chinese conversion tables with no luck Confused

gfx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote

I'm getting the exact same error, and I'm running english XP sp1 with Chinese and Japanese text support installed. The error right now is making Hyperlobby virtually unusable.

Here's how my system is set up:

under languages tab in Regional settings, I have "install files for East Asian languages" checked off.

Then under advanced, I used "Chinese (PRC)" for "Language for non-Unicode programs"

I also have Chinese(simplified) - MS Pinyin and Japanese installed as input under "details" under the language tab.

I hope this info can help you debugging the error.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote

I have tried all u suggested, but HL work fine also with this language settings Crying or Very sad

gfx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote

well, the error happens pretty randomly

also, letting HL running for a long period of time will introduce this error as well.

Confused

Winter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

I'm bumping this because the problem is still here.

It is the non-unicode handling of languages that does it for me.

http://tasmartins.customer.netspace.net.au/language.jpg

If I have it set to English [Australia] like in the image everything works fine but because I use some Japanese applications that ARE NOT using unicode I set it to Japanese.... This allows me to read the 2 byte characters and not have them show up as ??????.
The down side is that forward slashes turn into the Japanese Yen (ï¿¥) character and Hyperlobby craches with error mentioned in the above posts.

It is when non-unicode language handling is changed, not unicode (at least for me).

While I can simply switch the languages around so that I can use Hyperlobby it does require a restart and I wonder how many Japanese native speakers know to do this?

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Next version of HL will be compiled by VB6. VB6 fixing lots bugs of VB5 and maybe fix this problem ...

Winter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Jiri I'll look forward to testing it.
If anything I assume this happens because there is non-unicode text that doesn't have it's exceptions catched. (the 1byte to 2byte thing)
If everything is in unicode this runtime error shouldn't happen, I think, I hope...

I've not programmed in VB and these are all assumptions so take what I say with a gain of salt.

jermin
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Does the "next version" mean 4.x? I'm really looking forward to it.

View next topic
View previous topic