Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - hyperfighter.sk blocked?
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
audax
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote

All of a sudden I can no longer connect to hyperlobby or any web pages at hyperfighter.sk. Previously everything worked OK, so I'm sure it's not a firewall problem.

I have a DNS response for hyperfighter.sk and I can ping 213.215.67.3, but all connections to port 80 time out. Trying to login from hyperlobby client gives error saying that connection was rejected.

If I go through a web proxy to disguise my IP address I can connect to hyperfighter.sk. I have released and renewed my DHCP lease several times to get a new IP address to no avail.

It looks to me like a whole subnet of addresses from my ISP (comcast.com) is blocked from hyperfighter.sk.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening here?

RCAF_FB_Turing
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

I have posted the same problem here http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2368

I am also on comcast and the problem started soon after switching from TimeWarner to Comcast. I have called Comcast and contacted them via live chat 3 times and they swear they are not blocking this address.

I am lead to conjecture that either Comcast are not telling the truth or HL's sight is blocked on its side (either the site itself or the provider in Slovakia).

Please help us. This is very annoying.

Note: in order to bypass the block I am using Tor through the Vidalia bundle. This disguises my IP address and makes me anonymous on the web. Without this I cannot even see the forums or anything associated with hyperfighter.

audax
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote

Same here. Worked under Time Warner but dead with Comcast.

I sent an email to Comcast support outlining the problem and complaining about the decline in service. I'm on a business account (my company pays for my broadband), so maybe that'll give me some leverage.

The auotanswer bot promised a reply in 24 to 48 hours. I'll post when I hear anything.

Leadspitter
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote

I have the same problem with verizon, im getting a error 10060 and its a error message saying There is a firewall blocking HLpro.exe, everything has exceptions on..

it blocks both the hyperfighter.sk site and program for somereason. If i reset my mac address it lets me on with no problem for awhile, Im wondering if it was a ban because seems to happen with my Leadspitter name, but do not think so. For me it was down all weekend then work for an hour saturday... so dont think its a ban

And that sgt slaughter moron has been harassing me lately so was wondering if it has to do with something he did. But dont think so because seems like something else HL seems to be dropping my connection as well after an hour or so and doesnt when off HL. Seems there are a bunch of different US providers who are expierencing a similiar problem.

If you have any info jiri it would be appreciated.

-thx

audax
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Comcast say they don't block any sites:

Quote:
Thank you for e-mailing Comcast.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Currently Comcast does not currently block any websites. You may want to verify with the website if your IP address is being blocked. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Comcast.
Sincerely, Tonya
Comcast E-Care Support

Jiri, your server or ISP or upstream provider must be blocking my IP address (98.198.2.215 at the moment). I'm obviously not the only one being blocked judging by the threads I see in this forum, and there are surely more people who can't even report a problem because they don't have access to an ublocked IP and don't know about proxies.

Please take some action if you can because your loyal users can't reach your site. Start a thread to collect these reports in one place. Make inquiries with your ISP. PM some of the blocked users to do joint testing.

audax
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quote

Kept changing the MAC of my router until I got an IP address that wasn't blocked. I hope my good fortune lasts.

audax
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote

I've been running Hyperlobby without a hitch for the past week.

zar1969
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote

I have been having the exact same problem as well. I am also on Verizon. I cannot use HyperLobby nor can I log onto this site unless using proxi. My IP address is currently in the 96.232 range but it is sometimes in the 96.224 range as well.

I have been on the telephone with my ISP several times, went up to level 3 tech support, to no avail.

This condition has persisted for almost 5 months now Crying or Very sad

zar

RCAF_FB_Turing
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quote

According to this thread on simhq

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2269229&page=1&fpart=6

the blockage is on the hyperfighter internet provider side.

I have PM'ed Jiri about this with no response. I guess we are just left out in the cold.

Others who claim that changing the MAC helps are probably getting a new IP address because the internet provider resets everything when the MAC address changes.

I give up.

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote

With all due respect to Jiri and those who created Hyperlobby , rescued flight sim games , and worked so hard to maintain HL and this site , the time may actually be near the end for Hyperlobby. I think that Jiris prolonged absence is now showing.
The Ubi option I think is not hopeful for obvious reasons .
Looking at the list of games hosted by HL , and the lack of users of HL ( no disrespect to those other few users please ) of games that are not IL2 1946 , shows that a option of a Lobby , created just for IL2 1946 may be a viable option.
Perhaps some other software developer may now take an interest in creating such a Lobby for 1946 , non Ubi like and with a more present and servicing staff.
The blocking of this site , and HL by ISP's , whoever they may be , wherever , is the death knell of HL . I now know quite a few dedicated old HL users who are now blocked or cannot connect for some reason , and the list is growing longer. It may be a simple DNS issue with new internet hosts , or it may not be.
Perhaps a UK or US based lobby is in the future. Lets hope it is as well run and responsive as this placed used to be.

- Eries

konkussion
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Same problem here. I can't connect or even access the hyperfighter website. Installed and ran fine on my Vista machine- I noticed this issue yesterday.

I should also note that there is NO firewall/security verification being generated on my computer. Nothing saying- "Hey- Confirm that you want this program to access the internet"

HL is specifically allowed to access the internet. It worked even before I gave it a specific exception. The only error is from HL itself. Something has happened on your end. Check your logs- you can see that I was on recently. (S77th-konny)

konkussion
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote

An acknowledgement of this would be nice. HL was working fine on my Vista machine- and now- nothing. I know for a fact that I was not singled out to be banned- no fights, no arguing,- nothing.

IP is 71.56.163.214

I find it difficult to see on my end what could cause this. Everything else works. Teamspeak, ventrilo, LOMAC direct connect, ICQ, all of it.

Again- I can't even bring up http://hyperfighter.sk from home at all. If you have any suggestions as to what else I could check on my machine, I would appreciate it.

konkussion
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Well- I can see that there is little concern for this.

Thanks.

konkussion
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote

Well I'll be damned! it works again!!! I don't know what happened but Jiri- if you fixed this- thanks man. I was getting pretty depressed.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote

I was contacted by sysadmin of Rogers ISP regarding this issue. I fired tech support of my ISP but they found nothing. Right they cant found it Shocked . The problem was i had obsolete spoofing rule in my firewall. I built that firewal rules 4 years ago so i forgot i had blocked subnet 96.0.0.0/4 whish was reserved that time. I removed that rule, and there is no other that blocking a public segment, so any kind of related problems must be consulted with users ISP.

Jiri

View next topic
View previous topic