Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Game end after Kicking from Server
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I have another question. Very Happy

If I play on a Server and I have for example a deadkick or something like this, the HL downs after this the game.

Is it possible to make a button or similar to fix what the User want after connectionlost, "Shotdown the Game", or "stay in the game to reconnect".

It's habbens often that players lost the connection for different reasons and normaly a reconnect is endure, than its a little bit nerved that must allways make a new start of the game.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Hello,

I have another question. Very Happy

If I play on a Server and I have for example a deadkick or something like this, the HL downs after this the game.

Is it possible to make a button or similar to fix what the User want after connectionlost, "Shotdown the Game", or "stay in the game to reconnect".

It's habbens often that players lost the connection for different reasons and normaly a reconnect is endure, than its a little bit nerved that must allways make a new start of the game.

The problem is that HL dont know reason why the game end, if its crash or user force the game exit. I think this feature will made nervous majority of players do not have related problems. If anyone other will like this please sign in to this thread.

FI_Airway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote

A changeable switch in the "Edit Settings" section in HL would be nice, so that users can edit that behaviour on it's own.

The standard setting for this feature could stay as it is handled now.
Only users who want to change the standard behaviour, will be able to edit it in the settings.

The problem, Hasenfuss wants to mention, is that it is bothering some players when Hyperlobby shuts down Il-2 1946 completely and sends him back to hyperlobby.
But as the deadkick is often choosen not to be longer than a very few minutes only, the players want to stay in the game and re-login from there instead from hyperlobby.

Is that possible, including always showing the correct number of players on the server (unrelated of joined via HL or via IP)?

Regards,
Airway

usrusr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote

It's not Hyperlobby that throws you out of the game after a deathkick but IL-2 itself - which it always does if IL-2 is started with the command line arguments to immediately connect to a server.

The method employed by il2 imitation exe tricks like this is to start il2fb.exe without those command line arguments and only change the config.ini so that the selected server is pre-selected in the manual join form.

What HL could do is do the conf.ini mangling and start il2fb.exe without the arguments (if the option is selected). but then the auto-join would not work.

And even worse, an old-style HL server that uses the information sent by HL clients for displaying the server/player state would report people on the server that have already disconnected but are still in the game (e.g. on different servers).

A future version of Hyperlobby that relies completely on the il2 servers to report player state (by use of the gamespy protocol) would not have the problem with "hlfake ghosts" anymore.

FI_Airway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote

But it would increase server load, wouldn't it?

View next topic
View previous topic