Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Roger Wilco
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Phalcon51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:20 am Reply with quote

Can anyone give me a step-by-step on how to use Roger Wilco in HL?

Thanks

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:25 pm Reply with quote

If you have it installed, start it up and press join if you are joining a coms session or host if you are hosting the coms session. Hyperlobby has an invite feature for this program.

If you host then you will need to send the *other person/s* your IP address which can be seen in the top window which says Hosting on: 123.456.789. (Random numbers used) your IP address is unique to you. Copy and send that ip to the person you want to have a voice session with. Or use the Hyperlobby *send roger wilco invitation* which will send that person your ip and also start roger wilco (RW) up automatically for them if they accept your invite.

From there you will have to adjust the volume settings and such so your voice can be heard clearly over the engine noise Smile You will also have to set up a *press to talk button*.
Roger wilco does not come with the Hyperlobby install, It is a stand alone program.
I have been told and use the older version MK.Ic. (search that filename and get it) because it works better Wink
If you need a more indepth guide go to roger wilco support and read up.
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Gunny,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if I understand the concept. (I'm new, could you tell?) When I enter a dogfight or coop session, how can I tell if RW is being used? And is it available to everyone or only by invitation of the host? If it's generally available, how do I find out the host's IP? Do I have to PM him while in the game? Is there a way to find the IP while still in the Lobby, before starting up IL-2? Or do I need to start it up, contact the host, leave the game to set up RW and then come back to IL2?

Thanks again

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:55 pm Reply with quote

Phalcon51 wrote:
Gunny,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if I understand the concept. (I'm new, could you tell?) When I enter a dogfight or coop session, how can I tell if RW is being used? And is it available to everyone or only by invitation of the host? If it's generally available, how do I find out the host's IP? Do I have to PM him while in the game? Is there a way to find the IP while still in the Lobby, before starting up IL-2? Or do I need to start it up, contact the host, leave the game to set up RW and then come back to IL2?

Thanks again

It is hard to tell if RW is been used during a game but sometimes coordinated attacks hints that it may be used. It is a must have (or other communication software) for squads.

It is always polite to ask if the people if they wish to join you in voice communication. Your IP is your computer address and must be also seen as your personal phone number.

It is always best to set up communication software B4 you start playing the game. Just ask if anyone would like comms. If someone does then you can work it out between yourselves who will be host.

You cannot find out other peoples IP address’s by using the Hyper Lobby client. That would make it a tool for hackers and would upset many people.

Your best bet is just to ask in the chat if they wish to comm and if so swap your info via the pager to maintain your privacy.

View next topic
View previous topic