Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - LocalHost IP problem
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
LynX_SPb2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 am Reply with quote

Please! Remove from HL this "feature" -- deletion of LocalHost= string in conf.ini after HL reloading, when im leaving il2-gameserver!

After i connect ONCE via HL to any il-2 gameserver, next time i try connect to ANY il2 gameserver via HL, i got TIMEOUT msg.

I can only fix it, by manually write RIGHT ip adress in LocalHost= each time, before connecting to any il2 gameserver via HL.
It happens if i set DetectLocalIP = 0, in every place of hlpro.ini.

If DetectLocalIP = 1, then i got TIMEOUT msg every time i try to connect.
It seems HL writing my public ip adress in conf.ini in this case, and it prevent me from normal use of HL (i got TIMEOUT msg Wink ).

I CAN myself write there manually, or just by running il2 setup, any ip what suits me. I do it already every time i want to play il2, i think i will make .bat file to automate it, but u can make my life more easy by fixing HL. I think this problem have other ppls too, not only me.

Btw, i think u will enjoy this:
Win NT: 5.1.A28 - Service Pack 2
hlpro.exe 3.8.0.95
aping.exe 1.0.0.16
dexec.exe 1.0.0.5
mswinsck.ocx 6.0.88.4
msvbvm50.dll 5.2.82.44
asycfilt.dll 5.1.2600.2180
comcat.dll 5.0.2600.1
ctl3d.dll No Version Info available!
ctl3dnt.dll No Version Info available!
oleaut32.dll 5.1.2600.2180
olepro32.dll 5.1.2600.2180
stdole2.tlb 3.50.5014.0

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote

I not see there any problem, as is alredy explained there:
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=HyperLobby+FAQ#8

LynX_SPb2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Thx for answer. But plz READ post before asking me RTFM, thx.

"Few problems that i have solved based from wrong installation of the patch. When the game starting, display version under startup progress bar. Be sure that you have downloadet and installed latest IL2 patch from http://www.il2sturmovik.com . In some cases is this problem caused by network configuration."
-- i have downloaded latest patch, and on loading screen dispplayed right patch number.

"Solution for users behind NAT router/firewall:
The game using always UDP port 21000 (hyperlobby force this port). You must setup your router/firewall to enable this port in both direction. Some NAT routers have options DMZ host to expose one ip from internal network directly to the internet. Use this option when you want host game server. Edit the hlpro.ini file and in section [IL-2 Sturmovik (full version)] change value DetectLocalIP=1 to DetectLocalIP=0."
-- port is open, also i can play wo HL fine (before HL delete local ip in conf.ini of course), DetectLocalIP=0 is set. DetectLocalIP=1 dont work for m eat all, i got timeout msg

"Solution for users with multiple network adapters:
Hl always automaticaly detect right IP address of network adapter that are connected in to internet, and force the game to use this adapter. This option should be turned off by hlpro.ini file. Edit the hlpro.ini file and in section [IL-2 Sturmovik (full version)] change value DetectLocalIP=1 to DetectLocalIP=0.
Then open il2setup application and select right network adapter by network tab."
-- DetectLocalIP=0 is set, when i select right network adapter, i can ONE time connect to gameserver via HL, after it, HL deletes localIP, and i cant connect to any gameserver at all, till again via il2setup, or manually write right ip adress in local IP.

"Solution for users with a software firewall:
The game using always UDP port 21000 (hyperlobby force this port). You must enable this port to both direction .Zonealarm offering only enable or disable acces to the internet and enable or disable listenning. Good is enable both when you want host games. Tiny Personal Firewall offering more detailed setup ..."
-- i dont want host the games, and im playing fine with default port 21000, IF i dont use HL.

Resume: With DetectLocalIP=0 HL must not DELETE ip adress in Localhost= variable in conf.ini after restarting, after leaving il-2 gameserver.
It makes me unable to connect via HL to any gameserver until i again(and again) write manually right ip adress in localhost= variable in conf.ini.

LynX_SPb2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote

up

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote

It was bug. Thanks for report. Here is testing build of HL solving that problem:
http://il2fb-bellum.com.ar/download/hlpro3898.zip
Size: 812 Kb. MD5: 67ed639c4db05cea1921caa1e37d5816

LynX_SPb2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Thx for answer!
I dled and using now hlpro3898.zip.

With DetectlocalIP=0, it seems all works fine, im able to join servers many times wo manually changing data in conf.ini. Thx!

Test info step by step:

1. I manually entered right working for me local ip in conf.ini -- Localhost=192.168.240.59, set DetectlocalIP=1 in HL ini file, and run HL.

2. After i run hl, but BEFORE i try to connect to any il-2 gameserver, i cheked conf.ini -- still Localhost=192.168.240.59.

3(!). When i was trying to connect gameserver, and il-2 launches and was trying to connect, i monitored conf.ini again, and at this point -- Localhost=82.*.*.* (!!!) -- it was my public ip adress (i just hide octets). And with this ip i got timeout message.

4. I quitted il-2 game, and HL reconnected, after this i cheked conf.ini again -- Localhost=192.168.240.59 (!). Its returned to prev value before i launched HL.

Resume: It seems with DetectlocalIP=1 when i trying to join any il-2 gameserver, HL autodetects my PUBLIC ip adress (like Localhost=82.*.*.*). With public ip adress in Localhost= variable im just getting timeout msg. After i quit il-2 gameserver, in Localhost= returns previously setted by me (prolly returns, but mb its part of autodetect mech -- i dunno) ip.
In this case solution for me would be -- autodetecting by HL not public ip adress, but ip adress of network adapter currently handling internet connection (in my case Localhost=192.168.240.59).

P. S. I just want to help u make ur HL better Smile Coz mb other ppl can have similar problems like me, and if u can make HL works for them wo manual tweaking, its just would be great!

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote

It is because u using router. Autodetection working only if is computer connected directly to the internet. Here is no idea detect what IP is right for a computer having multiple network interface and is hidden behind NAT router. For that the detection can be turned off Idea

VF8_Doc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi Jiri,

First, I just want to thank you for all of the hard work that you do providing us sim pilots with a great way to get online and fly with one another.

I too, am getting timeout messages. I connect to the internet through a router. I host a dedicated server on one computer, and join games through another. I'm sure I have all of my ports forwarded correctly in my router's software.

My problem is this. When I join MY server from my client machine, I get a timeout message and get booted. Sometimes it's not right away though, that's what I don't understand. I'm able to connect, choose an airplane, click 'fly...' that's when I get the timeout. OR.. sometimes I'll be able to fly one sortie, but when I click 'refly'... then I'll get the timeout message. It almost always happens when I try to connect to my server only. I've only timed out on other servers in HL very rarely. I've read over your posts on how to fix this in the FAQ section, but I've had no luck in getting the problem solved. Any help that you could lend me would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Doc

View next topic
View previous topic