Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Error msg: "HyperLobby cannot find game installation fo
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
VN-philong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quote

I receiver th eerror msg " HpperLobby cannot find your game installation folder" when I tried to join a room on Pacific Fighters Lobby. I did search the forum but couldn't find any answer. It worked fine with Forgotten Battles.

TY

Skypoet007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quote

VN-philong wrote:
I receiver th eerror msg " HpperLobby cannot find your game installation folder" when I tried to join a room on Pacific Fighters Lobby. I did search the forum but couldn't find any answer. It worked fine with Forgotten Battles.

TY

Hi!

exactly the same problem for me!

I have the original version of IL2 1946 though Rolling Eyes

What's the problem?

RAF_AbNrml

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote

Same here. I have the merged version (IL2FB/AEP/PF) installed to the default location. All updates to 4.04. Game runs fine outside of HL but HL can't recognize the game no matter what I try. Search, typed, copied and pasted from folder path and from properties in il2fb.exe. Opened ports on my router, checked my firewall, etc... I was able to get on last night but HL found the .exe from my disc. Never had that happen before. Now it can't find any path to the .exe Confused

Any help would be appreciated.

VN-philong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote

All of sudden (don’t ask me how because I didn’t do anything), a window popped up and I was able to specify the PF.exe’s directory path, hit SEARCH button and BINGO, it worked since.

Sorry that I don’t have any details to show you how to get that window popping up.

Embarassed

RAF_AbNrml

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote

Welllllll, I finally got HL to locate my game and accept it but now I can't connect to the lobby at all. It just says the server is unavailable, try back in a few minutes. A few minutes has turned into two days.

Anyone know if the server is down?

Cowboybebop_uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quote

Quote:
RAF_AbNrml Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welllllll, I finally got HL to locate my game and accept it but now I can't connect to the lobby at all. It just says the server is unavailable, try back in a few minutes. A few minutes has turned into two days.

Anyone know if the server is down?

VN-philong Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:05 am Post subject: HL: Cannot find game installation folder ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of sudden (don’t ask me how because I didn’t do anything), a window popped up and I was able to specify the PF.exe’s directory path, hit SEARCH button and BINGO, it worked since.

Sorry that I don’t have any details to show you how to get that window popping up.

RAF_AbNrml Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:23 am Post subject:

Same here. I have the merged version (IL2FB/AEP/PF) installed to the default location. All updates to 4.04. Game runs fine outside of HL but HL can't recognize the game no matter what I try. Search, typed, copied and pasted from folder path and from properties in il2fb.exe. Opened ports on my router, checked my firewall, etc... I was able to get on last night but HL found the .exe from my disc. Never had that happen before. Now it can't find any path to the .exe

Any help would be appreciated.

Same here i also cant get HL to find the correct installation path... maybe ill just stick with ubisoft.com after all.

WWSandMan
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote

LINK : [Hyper Lobby Manual

Quote:
7. LOCATING THE GAME INSTALATION FOLDER

When you try to connect to a game room, HL may pop up the game-location dialog. This happens when HL is not properly set up or cant automatically detect the game location. This dialog can be forced by pressing CTRL+SHIFT and left-clicking on the CONNECT button. There are two ways to enter the correct game-installation folder:
1. Type the game path into the text box with the name of the game executable, for example "C:my gamegameapp.exe", then press the Save button.
2. Left-click the Search button and wait until HL finds your game folder. Then double-click on the correct item and select save.
If you think that both of these methods have failed, right-click your game icon, select properties, and copy and paste the game path into the textbox and left-click the Save button. (If nothing works, try reading this manual from the beginning.)

View next topic
View previous topic