Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Banned
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Confused Embarassed 03.01.2011. approx 14.00 i entered chat box greeting my friends as usual . i made a statement about my self that MOD Darc promptly warned me for with a pop up of the hyperlobby rules i read the pop up and resonded to Darc with the abreiviation GFY . meaning GOOD FOR YOU Darc. and i applogised for any offence i had caused i then find my self banned for 3 weeks . after chatting with friends from hyperlobby i discovered that this had been interpritated as a different meaning . resulting in the ban.
I have been playing on Hyperlobby for over 8 years and play here on a daily basis. I have many freinds on hyperlobby some are moderators , i have never been banned or even warned befor in that time . yet today i was banned by a person who i have never seen or spoken to befor without question or clarification of what my abreviation meant . if you dont want to loose me forever as a dedicated player and supporter of hyperlobby. i humbly request the banned be lifted . looking forward to your reply ....MooNBirD.

KG26_Alpha
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote

GFY

VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote

thank you .

VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote

if your in any doubt about it google it
http://www.abbreviations.com/GFY

RAF_Goldy
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote

Giday all,I have known Moonbird for more years then most.He came on my comms 15 mins after the boot with no idea why he was kicked.To be honest when I saw the GFY typo someone else had to tell me what it meant,that person is an Australian.Since Iam not a person who uses mobile phones for sms Iam not up to pace on that sort of thing,meaning I have never heard that term before good or bad.I told Darc booting was the right choice to make,and if he meant in that it was called for.But after talking to Moonbird on comms and to other friends in England the term GFY is mostly used as Good For You,it is used for the other but not often.When Moonbird got the warning why would he say sorry if he has upset anyone in good sprit, and then set himself up to get band.I know this person well and he had know idea why he got booted.Another point here is should GFY have a script ban as after checking it out it does have four meanings.
~S~ RAF_Goldy

VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote

~S~ Goldy TY (thank you) incase of further banning .

Beta
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote

S all,

Maybe also time for me to react here. I know Moony for several years in the flightsimm world. I always knew him as a very decent person, with a lot of humor, good humor. No offence at all, no harming, or unpolite, etc.
I really can not understand why he can be banned here.

I know Moony from the time of CFS2.
My former name: Ojisan_Buba

EoW_WhamO_CO
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote

for the record, he's not banned. it was a 24 hour kick, which expires in a few hours.

VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote

thanks for every one who spoke up for me on this one . apologies have been exchanged and all sorted .. still cant get my game sorted out though any one wanna expalin how i get up to date from il2 complete edition fb+ace ex pk +pacific fighters ??? ~MB~

KG26_Alpha
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote

VF19_MooNBirD wrote:
Confused Embarassed 03.01.2011. approx 14.00 i entered chat box greeting my friends as usual . i made a statement about my self that MOD Darc promptly warned me for with a pop up of the hyperlobby rules i read the pop up and resonded to Darc with the abreiviation GFY . meaning GOOD FOR YOU Darc. and i applogised for any offence i had caused i then find my self banned for 3 weeks . after chatting with friends from hyperlobby i discovered that this had been interpritated as a different meaning . resulting in the ban.
I have been playing on Hyperlobby for over 8 years and play here on a daily basis. I have many freinds on hyperlobby some are moderators , i have never been banned or even warned befor in that time . yet today i was banned by a person who i have never seen or spoken to befor without question or clarification of what my abreviation meant . if you dont want to loose me forever as a dedicated player and supporter of hyperlobby. i humbly request the banned be lifted . looking forward to your reply ....MooNBirD.

Quote:

thanks for every one who spoke up for me on this one . apologies have been exchanged and all sorted .. still cant get my game sorted out though any one wanna expalin how i get up to date from il2 complete edition fb+ace ex pk +pacific fighters ??? ~MB~

WTF

Beta
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote

KG26_Alpha wrote:

WTF

Typical arrogant.
Its not that yu can enter Hl that yu have organised yur game excellent.
Poor

RAF_Goldy
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote

Alfa, moonbird has the game. He installed the 10 patch and as with alot of people the game wouldnt run,he pulled hes back up re did it same prob.So he had to buy new copys of the game and start all over again.The amount of people who have trouble with new patches is huge,I have used the same installed game since 46 came out.If some havent reinstalled the game for 6 years they may ask for help as well.

RAF_Goldy

KG26_Alpha
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote

Beta wrote:
KG26_Alpha wrote:

WTF

Typical arrogant.
Its not that yu can enter Hl that yu have organised yur game excellent.
Poor

?

Last edited by KG26_Alpha on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total 
KG26_Alpha
Hyper Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote

RAF_Goldy wrote:
Alfa, moonbird has the game. He installed the 10 patch and as with alot of people the game wouldnt run,he pulled hes back up re did it same prob.So he had to buy new copys of the game and start all over again.The amount of people who have trouble with new patches is huge,I have used the same installed game since 46 came out.If some havent reinstalled the game for 6 years they may ask for help as well.

RAF_Goldy

Not what hes stated in his post is it.

He indicates hes not flown since at least patch v4.04

This whole thread reads as a complete cock n bull story.

HNY

VF19_MooNBirD
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Alpha. i have sent you a pm. hope that makes it clear .... to any one else who is doubting my integrety go on hyperlobby and ask a few people who have been flying with me latly or over the years ... BUT IF YOUR GONNA POST I ASK YOU 2 QUESTIONs ... how long have you been flying on hyperlobby and when did you fly last on hyperlobby ? Question your self befor you question me please .. //////////////////////////////

View next topic
View previous topic