Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - firewall problems
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Sykstring
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Hey DJ_VeZZ, I haven't done or changed anything on my machine. Not quite sure if I can host or not, as I usually join games. If there are any specifics about my router settings, I can try to answer them, but to best of my knowledge, everything is stock set up. I hope you get your problem fixed. If I see you online there, I'll work with you to see if you can host game.

The only thing we did was change the hlpro.ini file local port from 21000 to 21001on my brothers computer, and that was found in the H/L install directory. Other than that, nothing changed.

DJ-VeZZ
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Ah right... perhaps you'll find you can't host either. Confused

I've recently tried delving deeper into my router's port forwarding settings. I went into the UPNP forwarding settings and added the Forgotten Battles and HyperLobby port and IP addresses into there. For some reason I can't fathom, I can now join via IP address (which I never could do before, despite having normal port forwarding set up).

Although I haven't been able to check if I can host through HyperLobby yet.. mainly because my ISP (NTL World Rolling Eyes ) has got problems and the HyperLobby client cannot connect to hyperfighter.jinak.cz... I can only post my reply here because they've given me a proxy server address to use with Internet Explorer. If it's not one thing, it's another, LOL!

Savageone

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:47 am Reply with quote

This sounds like the right place to ask abought my Router Problem that I'm having in Janes F/A 18. Will the above fix work for me too? I also have a Linsky. I can join a game but when I hit Fly I get the boot. Any suguseting for this? Please. Confused

Savageone

DJ-VeZZ
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:57 am Reply with quote

I've not heard of Linsky, have you just mistyped Linksys? The main thing to set up is "Port Forwarding", and to do this you need to know which port F/A 18 sends/receives data on... I'm afraid I don't know which it uses.

My router has two types of forwarding mode: standard and UPNP. I had trouble with the standard mode not working, so also tried UPNP, which did actually work.

If you need a hand setting up your router and it's a Linksys then post back here and I'll give you some more detailed instructions. Smile

Savageone

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Great of you to reply to my post. Yes I got it wrong, it's Linksys. I would greatly appreciate your help on this, it just drives me nuts when I have to bypass the router. I don't host much, but this would most likly fix that too, right?
Razz
Looking forward.
Savageone

DJ-VeZZ
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote

I can't promise anything since I've never played F/A 18, but since I enabled the port forwarding I have been able to host using Forgotten Battles.

So first for a bit of education Smile .... I don't know if you know this already, but I'll write it anyway. If your router is set up as it comes out of the box, then whenever you turn on your computer the router will assign it an IP address. The router is reasonably clever and will try and assign your computer the same IP address each time (unless there's been a power cut or you've unplugged it). So the first thing to do is find out what IP address your computer is being assigned. To do this:

1) Go to your router's setup (type http://192.168.1.1/ in Internet Explorer's address bar), once you've typed in the password go to the "Status" tab at the top of the screen.

2) Scroll down to the bottom and click the "DHCP Clients Table" button

3) A list will pop up of the computers plugged into the router. Find your's (hopefully you'll know it's name) and write down the IP address that is next to it.

4) Close the new window

You are now ready to set up the forwarding. To do this you will also need to know which port Jane's F/A 18 uses... hopefully you've found this out? I will tell you how to set up standard and UPNP forwarding... I've got them both set up for Forgotten Battles and it seems to work

1) Click the orange "Advanced" tab at the top of the router set up.

2) Click the "Forwarding" tab that's now appeared along to the top of the screen: This takes you to the standard port forwarding screen. Here you type in the port you wish to be forwarded, whether it uses TCP or UDP protocols and the IP address you want the data to be forwarded to (your computer).

3) Give the setting a name in the first empty box on the left, something like FA18 will do, it's just for your reference.

4) Type in the port number into BOTH the next boxes so that it reads "NNNN To NNNN" where NNNN is your the port number. The setup allows a range of ports to be forwarded, but the game will use just the one.

5) Tick both TCP and UDP boxes. The game will mostl likely only use TCP, but enabling both won't do any harm. Smile

6) Type the end of your IP address that you wrote down earlier into the last box

7) Tick the tick-box to enable your new setting, then click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen

You have now set up standard port forwarding.. that alone may be enough to get the game working, so try giving it a go. If it still doesn't work, then have a go at also setting UPNP forwarding:

Cool Follow steps 1 and 2 above for getting to the port forwarding screen.

9) Click the "UPnP Forwarding" button at the bottom of the screen. You will enter another forwarding screen not dissimilar to the standard one we looked at above.

10) Give the setting a name and type in the port that the game needs to be forwarded.

11) You can't select TCP and UDP, so just click TCP here

12) Enter the same port number again in the next box and then enter the end of your IP address into the last box

13) Again click enable and then the "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen.

You should now have both port forwarding options enabled, so hopefully one should work. Smile You can exit the router setup by just closing Internet Explorer. Good luck and if you have any problems post back here and I'll see if I can help any more. Smile

... Dave

Savageone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote

Dave,
Sory it took me so ling to get back to you on your help post Laughing but I had a personal problem.
Thank you for your time and effort in your reply. I want you to know that everything works fine. I can get in the game just fine. I still have some trouble hosting though. Not to worry though, there are plenty to host, lol. Once again thanks
Savage

DJ-VeZZ
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Savage... glad you got things sorted! Smile

View next topic
View previous topic