Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Enough of the " with us or against us" attitudes i
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Smeg
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote

I am writing about the common occurences of certain U.S. people who are waving their flag and claiming that all "terrorists shall die" etc etc. This attitude has unfortunately been adopted by and verbalised by certain individuals in HL pertaining to current and past events in history. The most common texts are of "Kill all the Iraqis, Kill all the "Rag Heads", kill all the Chetchins etc. I personally find this type of attitude ignorant, offensive and totally ill informed. The growing problem is that when these people are (and one in particular) actually faced with the true and historical facts or current and past events and the legal implications of "hate attitudes", they resort to abusive and slanderous retalliation. claiming that those who disagree with them are and I quote: "Siding with Saddam, Afghanistan. Iraq, chetchnia etc." Then there is the tendency of these people to abuse the ignore feature by placing the person they were debating the issue with on ignore, then to abuse this/these persons to other users in HL
and try to encourage other HL users to get us banned. This is of course totally slanderous and cowardly.
This Hyper Lobby is for international users. That means that the political aspirations and opinions of one particular country or countryman should be kept out of the the lobby period. Harassment of persons who dissagree with these opinions that are posted in the lobby should be prevented forth with.
I do not post anti American text as I have been repeditively accused of. I merely point out the historical facts that these people seem to conveniently leave out of their opinions. I agree that the HL is not for political discussions. That should include everyone shouldnt it? Not just one rule for the U.S. users and a different rule for the rest of the world or those of a differeing political stand point. I am from a Western country and a serving member of the military of which allies itself the U.S. so I am definately not a U.S. basher or terrorist or anything else that I have been accused of.
I disagree with liars, cowards, hipocrites and oppressive people who try to dictate hatefull attitudes on others.
Smeg

US95MajRooster
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:00 am Reply with quote

Very Happy
Salute From America!
I have to agree with Smeg, it would be great that all people from around the world could come here and play without stuff like that. This should be a place everyone can go to and forget about whats going on in the world, and join in on a freindly game with everyone from around the globe. To me that whats so great about Hyperfighter. I don`t show up here to discuss the stubid world troubles. There are tons of boring forums you can go to and add your ideas on world crises. We all have one thing in common here we love Flight Sims! So lets not destroy a good thing, Hyperlobby is for everyone not just a few. Lets show the world we Flight Simers can get along with everyone on the World Wide Net.
Take Care!
US95~Rooster Wink

Necron99
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

[quote="US95MajRooster"]Very Happy
Salute From America!
I> have to agree with Smeg, it would be great that all people from >around the world could come here and play without stuff like >that.

I agree 100%, and I am one of those"Gun toting rednick Americans"
but I respect the views of everyone. We really all can get along
here, it's the immature people that dont want to.......

>This should be a place everyone can go to and forget about >whats going on in the world,

Hard for me to forget, my best friend was in the Pentagon when it was hit. My fathers best friend was on FLT 77 that was flown into it.
My friend survived fortunatly, but it was a very moving and depressing expirence....... I watched it burn from near my house.

But... I want to fly here and forget the world for a while, my
biggest problem is MickySofts Win XP OS right now.
Just put an Abit IS 7 motherboard in the box, and have been
going through all sorts of problems. All softeware related !
Today, I am going to reformat both HD's and start all
over again Evil or Very Mad
The only thing that is working perfectly is the 3mbps cable con.

Makes me wish I could still use OS2 Warp...........

Al

Leadspitter
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote

I actually have this user smeg on permanet ignore, he starts many of the flame wars and starts many of the political discussions that get way out of hand. He has posted in the past that it was america and russias fault they get attacked and saying they deserved what they got etc... and thats what fuels the whole lobby to get out of hand etc. thats why i have this user smeg on permant ignore.

Smeg
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote

You better provide proof before making such wild accusations Leadspitter!

Open your mind before your magazine pouch mate!

Sgt_Slaughter
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

Smeg, you are so rabid in your anti American postings that I to have
you permanently on ignore.

It is "us vs them" dude.

I have built and replaced three computers since I slapped the
permanent ignore on you. I no longer have that old chat log.

But you are going to remain on ignore.

Sgt.

Smeg
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote

You are an Ignoramus!

I was replying to a post by Leadspitter I missed as I have been overseas serving my country alongside your country.

Pull your head in man for petes sake!

The original post here is very old!

I am happy to be on your ignore list. As your last post illustrates how feeble your narrow little mind is.

Good bye and grow a brain!

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Gentleman,'
The mere fact that you Smeg , or any one else has chosen to pursue this argument here , or anywhere for that matter , indicates that you are possibly not eligible for Hyperlobby activities.
This is not television or anywhere else. Hyperlobby standards apply to Hyperlobby .
Consider the Hyperlobby chat bar a TOOL , to enhance your flying here. Its not a social club , whether you think it is or not . Its a tool for RESPONSIBLE participants , nothing more.
TIP - Care more for your flying than what some tool says on the chat. DO not advise Moderators how to act . Keep that in mind , and you all will find time on Hyperlobby more enjoyable.
Now.... go play
Eries

View next topic
View previous topic