Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Live and let live moderators, same rules for everyone!
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Smeg
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote

It is now painfully apparent that there is a moral minority that is trying to dictate to the reast of the HL users, what should or shouldn't be said.
I am saddened that there are so many people out there that totally lack a sense of humour and are so thin skinned that they lie in wait to be offended by a throw away comment by someone, or interjecting a conversation between another party, just to make a complaint. It also seems very apparent that HL moderators are on the zealous side impartiality. So much so that one person will be banned from a conversation involving a number of HL users. That is discrimination in the extreme.
If being politically correct is so important to the moderators, are they aware that 'A' political and non religious persons have rights too. I have seen on so many occasions where some choice content of dialogue is allowed to go unchallenged by the mediators possibly due to their similar personal opinions on that particular subject. What then of the persons who dont share these views? Are they to put up with it, is there one rule for one and a different set of rules for others depending on popularity of subject matter?
Some people in countries other than the US and the European continent have quite broad senses of humour. I fly with a Squadron which prides itself on its multiculturalism and enjoys the humour variances of other countries. My country, Australia, has a brilliant sense of humour for the most part of our collective culture. Am I to be expected to repress my humour and enjoyment of HL just to suit the anal retentive expectations of a moral minority? I am expected to respect other country folk and their cultural 'isms' an I do respect them. I have never actively harrassed any race or nationality. I have been accused of it continually by a nameless member of HL, but I put that all down to this person not understanding much more than their own paranoia. Others have confirmed my suspicions of this person. But we carry on and use the ignore button if it so pleases.
I however find it offensive, and totally weak in character to single someone out and ban them for having a sense of humor that has been pigeon holed by someone with questionable use of responsibility.
I emplore all of you at HL to rise above the shadowy fog of enforced morality and enjoy yourselves.
I have never forced any member of HL to not be able to discuss any subject matter. I have never forced anyone to submitt to any believe I hold, yet I have discussed them which is different. I have also make some comedic remarks which some have found offensive. I haven't been anywhere near offensive as I have it in me, but I have no desire to. I enjoy a good laugh and other HL members join in and laugh also.
Live and let live moderators, and keep the same rules for everyone, not just for people you single out!

Smeg

View next topic
View previous topic