Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - HL Mods are out of hand
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote

Pretty mad right now. I typed, letter for letter, "a-hole", in chat and have been banned. What gives, the guy that directly called me an a-hole, completely out of the blue, didn't get banned, and was the one to start things in the first place - yet I'm the one that can't get in to fly, and have no idea how long I'm banned for, nor have anybody to talk to about it/know who banned me. I see tons of MUCH worse behavior go in in there on a regular basis, with no actions taken, but the minute I type "a-hole", (with the hyphen, and the first time I've ever done so), boom, I'm gone. Mad

Jonny-Johnson
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:05 am Reply with quote

Tinytacohead wrote:
Pretty mad right now. I typed, letter for letter, "a-hole", in chat and have been banned. What gives, the guy that directly called me an a-hole, completely out of the blue, didn't get banned, and was the one to start things in the first place - yet I'm the one that can't get in to fly, and have no idea how long I'm banned for, nor have anybody to talk to about it/know who banned me. I see tons of MUCH worse behavior go in in there on a regular basis, with no actions taken, but the minute I type "a-hole", (with the hyphen, and the first time I've ever done so), boom, I'm gone. Mad

actually he was right after you and it was for the same thing
24 hour kick is the standard
and this worse behavior your talking about well it must happen when there is no mod in there is all i can say about that
have a good day

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote

well thanks for the heads up on how long the ban is, since there's no notification whatsoever that you're even banned when it happens. I've never been banned, it took me a few minutes to even realize it wasn't a technical connection problem of sorts, lol. I still think this is rediculous. have a good day. Rolling Eyes

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote

well like 16 hours later or whatever, I'm gonna say it again - THIS IS FREAKIN REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I typed "a-hole", verbadum. 24 hour ban for that with no warning? WTF. heck, had you been on the ball and banned him as quick as you banned me, I never even woulda had the chance to get banned. (for a PG-13 remark, at best) instead you let him run for a few minutes, let somebody else get involved and banned us both. very poor moderator skills if you ask me. oh, and thanks for the facetious "have a good day".

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote

This is an embarressing thread.
Let me start here , with this quote

"heck, had you been on the ball and banned him as quick as you banned me, I never even woulda had the chance to get banned."

How about your own personal responsibilty? The proper response to your point is - If you didnt post prohibited language , you wouldnt have got banned. Remember ONLY YOU control what you post.

Next Quote

"(for a PG-13 remark, at best)"

Whatever rating system you enjoy , well, its yours . Hyperlobby has its own standard , not yours . RESPECT that if you can , geesh This is NOT American Television - Its a PRIVATELY OWNED Flight Sim Hosting Site - Get it?

Final Quote

"very poor moderator skills if you ask me."

No one asked you it seems , and thankfully they didnt. Its VERY good moderator skills actually. They made thier point effectively and quickly.
Next Task? How about GOOD USER SKILLS?

Now Go Play...
Eries

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Well for starters I didn't post any foul language. And yes, I do feel the mod skills are a little low.. The guy picked a fight with somebody that wasn't even talking, I responded back in a way which I did not know broke any rules, and I immediately got a 24 hour ban. (for which I didn't even get told the time period, or that I was banned - I found that out through Johnny, who apparently isn't a mod, but has "anonymous" mod friends) Also, you're little trademark ending, "now go play", like I said in the other thread, it's not cute. I bet you're one of the anonymous mods yourself, and if so, you're a very condescending one - also a trait of a poor moderator.

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote

lol, Im NO moderator , never , ever , or would in any way suggest I am EVER . Im just an interested user who respects what it takes for this FREE site to be maintained technically- Too much to have it ruined by those who have little self control.

SO when you went back and reviewed your user agreement , Did it say you would be warned or told how long ban was?

Try this link

http://hyperfighter.sk/content-3.html

And then be glad if you get back . I know i value this service too highly to screw around.
If you spent as much time working on what u post in chat , as what you post here , then you'll be ok .....maybe.

Now Go Play ...
Eries

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote

and again..

I've got all afternoon to shoot responses back at you too, remember, I can't play, I'm banned. I know that link and what it says, I also believe there should be a little more to the banning process, as I have stated numerous times at this point. Also, if you knew me, you'd know I don't chat a whole lot in HL. Now quit telling me to go play already, lol.

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1820&highlight=

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote

In every case those who get banned want changes.

And those who dont get banned pay no nevermind.

Try to be the latter , It helps gameplay , when u can acually play .

Now Go Play ,
Eries

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote

This is getting dumb man, and quit telling me to go play. I don't care if it is your little catch phrase.

Eries
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote

It is an excellent catch phrase isnt it?

Besides that , playing is better than the chat , and less dangerous lol
Jiri , Oleg and crew have done masterful job , and continue to do spectacular work in support of just that , great PLAY !

Now Go Play ( offline )
- Eries

Tinytacohead
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote

Good edit, "offline". I've gotten bored with playing offline over the last 20 hours or so, lol. It is a good phrase, and one I have used many times in the Zone - but that was when said person COULD go play. To keep using it in regards to these two threads is just being a butthead, lol. (until you added offline) Now to go over to the other thread.. This one's over, THE END.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote

OK i see 24 hours is not much. I extending it to 168 hours.

View next topic
View previous topic