Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - User of IL2FB game room posts his links Ostensibly...
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
ramstein
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:04 am Reply with quote

I was in the IL2 FB game room, and someone displayed a web site, maybe their own, I don't know...
I was curious, and most web sites shown and posted are about the game. and addons, squads, etc..

Well, this site was set up for IL2 and other flight sims, but, it was setup on a free type Bulletin Board that will load hundreds of cookies on your Hard Drive, and the server the Bulletin Board uses is meant as a revenue stream. Big deal right? well these servers are particularly geared to send out massive cookies and to initiate tons of pop-ups and to squeeze every visitor for all infomation, openly and secretly.

I question the motives of anyone that sets these up and uses them as a site for other flight simmers to use and share....

you be the judge, but I am not going to be spammed to death by the sites this guy (and maybe a few others) keep posting in chat...

(I like when people bring links to sites that are worhtwhile) these look like they are designed to bring in potential ad clickers...
-------
user post:

I decided to remove the person's name that made the post in the IL-2 FB room chat.. just in cas eit breaks some rule, here....

4-28-03 at about 6:30 pm PST

www.euro_squadron.co.uk www.skyheroes.com

maybe he realy likes these links, but after just one or 2 clicks and my experiences, I will now go use my spyware tools to clean up the spyware mess those links left....

The ostensive pupose of the person posting hte links (at our expense):

represented or appearing as good web site with information to help us with our games; His ostensible purpose was to get more people to click ad banner and be tagged by ad servers.

IMHO

Dead_eye

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:47 am Reply with quote

Hi Ramstein you would be Talking about me mate and i did not do it for any nefarious prupose i set the Forum up so that people who Game dedicated PC gamers can swap info about the latest patches/mods best clans to join dedicated servers for gamers like SUST Ghost recon and IL2 etc.

Also its not just flight sims we Cover RTS/1st person shooters/Naval sims and Flight sims if you wish to be paranoid thats ok with me but not every body online is out to do bad things mate.

I have been gaming Longer than 80% of th people that use the Lobby last count about 22 years yes it is a free forum and thats it free to use till i can afford to but the full service i have kids to take to the cinema etc etc.

Also several of my Admins are very Knowlegable about gaming ie some of us are Modders/Beta testers WW2 Historians or are Ex services like myself.

Like i said nobody twisted your arm up your back to click on the linkldid they? Also the free forum i use has an option at the bottom to delete any cookies it ha put on your Pc fairly simple and as routine maintenance you should delete your cookies every so often any way

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic