Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - I wish to register a complaint.
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
desertranger
Dude
Dude

Location: In the American Desert Southwest, not far from the Colorado River.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote

I'm new to HL. I'm also having a lot of trouble to get my sim to work with HL in the way I want, i.e. so I can play with my friends. It does work from time to time but it's not consistent. Nonetheless I keep working on it.

That is until someone (actually by this count, 3 someones) keep dragging me into a dogfight scenario they set up. It's always the same. Them in an EF2000 and me in an F-16. Hardly an even match even in the real world. The first time I was confused and "Billy" tried his best to shoot me down until I got my bearings and left the game. Too bad Bill, I guess I wasn't the easy target you expected. Two others tried the exact same thing: me (F-16) v them (EF2000) Too bad they got shot down.

I consider the pilots who do that, drag me into something I don't want to be in, to be unethical. Cheaters of the worse kind since they obviously get satisfaction from lording their experience and abilities over novices and those unprepared for what they are doing. The result is to chase the novices away from the game completely. The difference is, I'm not a novice Viper driver. So if you drag me in I'll shoot your butt down one time then I'll leave your game, or maybe I'll just leave the game since your type is not worth the waste of even a virtual Sidewinder. Do not expect me to play with you if you're going to load the deck in your favor. Do not expect me to play with you if you cheat and do not expect me to play with you if you can't help others when asked.

So far the type of gameplay I have experienced here at HL is the same kind I expect of children (the "It's my ball and my rules attitude"). If you can't play fairly and ethically then leave me alone.

Fair play and good conduct is the essence of sport and gaming. If you can't do either then you are no better than a gang banger who shoots up a neighborhood. And as far as I'm concerned that means you can leave and not return because your not wanted.

Desert Ranger USAF (ret)

Everything in the desert sticks, stinks, bites, or stings. 
Pudfark
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Howdy,

No doubt desertranger....that you feel things are a little one sided......you have choices to make...one, would be fly what they are flying or two, host your own game and limit aircraft selection......Good Luck.....and props are more fun to fly....skill and technique....LOL...try IL-2 1946 Laughing

desertranger
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Things are not one sided, unless you consider that I shot down 2/3 one sided. Additionally I'm not given the time to chose a plane. They make it for me.

I'm still trying to get to the point where I can host a game with a friend but it's not working for some reason. Then I get ready to try again and some "hotshot" drags me into something I don't want to do or I'm not ready to do without even asking. That's what pisses me off. Happens every time I'm in the lobby.

Would also like to know why I can get into other peoples games but Beggarman and I can't make it work for some reason. Please do not go on about ports. Been there done that and even have a T-shirt for my efforts.

As for your comment...

"and props are more fun to fly....skill and technique".

Dont make assumptions I haven't. I have several thousand hours as a real world pilot in both props and jets in the military and as a civillian with a lot more than that in sims.

I invite you to join the X-plane simulator group. A demo can be DLd at www.X-plane.com and the forum is at X-plane.org. Note I recommend you DL the version 8.64 demo as V9 is still in beta and has a lot of probs. Who knows maybe you'll wind up attending my navigation classes in my trainer with the ugly paint.

BTW I own a Cessna 210 in the RW.

Desert Ranger USAF (ret)

Pudfark
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Howdy Desertranger,

No assumptions on this end....just an opinion or two....been flying the sims since 1985...F-15 Strike Eagle, Chuck Yeager, USNF, Janes, MSCOMBAT 1,2,3 and now the best IL-2 1946.... Cool I got nothing against jets...cept missle lock and afterburner....guns only would be fun in them...

Pudfark
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I also own and fly a Cessna....170A....and I won't get into the "taildragger" nose wheel discussion with you.....you got a lot more time than I do...jealous on this end...lol Good Luck and I hope you figure out a way to host your own game....I could be enticed to play....guns only of course...

desertranger
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote

That's an old bird. And no I'm not going to argue tail draggers vs tri-cycle. It's to each his own. As far as a being jealous, don't be. Being a mil pilot hurts physically and flying my own plane costs too much. Gas currently 4.75gal here.

Desert Ranger USAF (ret)

View next topic
View previous topic