Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Overflow problem drives me crazzy, please help!
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
RedMelody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:19 pm Reply with quote

I am getting runtime error 0~6 randomly and the HL just hangs up or automatically exit.

It's not just me but almost the entire Chinese HL client population, gets the problem almost simultaneously!

For example, we a band of squadron members just logged in the Lobby and occupied several slots in the VOW mission room, the game was about to launch and all of a sudden it happened! The HL main window was twisted and a warning was received, which read "runtime error #6 overflow". All of my squadron member had the problem at the same time. we had to start the application all over again and only to be upset eough to see that our slots have been taken and the host lauched the game.

Various error forms:
1, Get the twisted window and a "Ding" sound from windows, overflow message appears, click "ok" and the application die.

2, Log in successfully, everything looks fine, but without any signs the Lobby freezes, you can't occupy any slots or type, nor can you get any further message. have to exit and relog.

3, Log in successfully, and it suddenly exit without a sign.

So we usually have to run the HyperLobby for more than 10 times in order to participate in one single VOW mission....

I think it is not a PC config related problem but rather a network related error which causes the overflow, maybe caused by a loss of bytes bags over the internet, otherwise we can't be receiving the same error at the same time!

It has given us a helluva inconvenience and we hope, that to your convience, Please check and fix it in the next version!

Thank you so much! =)

BTW, this is my PC rig and I don't have any Antivirus program installed.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Chinese)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1500MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
VGA: MSI GF4 Ti4200 64M
Sound: Audigy
Games: IL2 FB
HL Version: 3.1.0.45
Internet Explorer version: 6.1 +SP1

Win NT: 5.1.A28 - Service Pack 1
hlpro.exe 3.2.0.50
aping.exe 1.0.0.16
dexec.exe 1.0.0.5
mswinsck.ocx 6.0.88.4
msvbvm50.dll 5.2.82.44
asycfilt.dll 3.50.5014.0
comcat.dll 5.0.2600.1
ctl3d.dll No Version Info available!
ctl3dnt.dll No Version Info available!
oleaut32.dll 3.50.5016.0
olepro32.dll 5.0.5014.0
stdole2.tlb 3.50.5014.0

Edit:
I have noticed that at least two members of HL had reported the same problem, they are Steven and McWolf. They are both Chinese, living in China. we know each other well.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=228

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=228

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Hello

I know about those problems. I can try swiitch my windows in to Chinese settings and try found this error BUT iam worry that this switch my fonts in to chinese and ill must reformat my computer Confused My question is, switch its my fonts in to chinese characters ?

RedMelody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:22 am Reply with quote

JG27*Hyper wrote:
Hello

I know about those problems. I can try swiitch my windows in to Chinese settings and try found this error BUT iam worry that this switch my fonts in to chinese and ill must reformat my computer Confused My question is, switch its my fonts in to chinese characters ?

Hello, Jiri

I am so glad that you took your time to answer my question.

I know I can now run HyperLobby without a problem if I use English Windows, but the point is, most of the Chinese pilots use Chinese version windows only, they cannot switch to English..... Sad And I know some pilots in Japan with japanese windows are encounting the same problem, too.

What I hope is, maybe in your next HyperLobby version, you can fix the problem, so the guys using Chinese OS or Japanese OS can enjoy the convenience brought by you.

Thank you for your great efforts of making the terrific Lobby!! Smile

Last edited by RedMelody on Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Hi, Another Idea is to have 2 installs of windows. 1 English and the other Chinese.
There are many programs that you can use that will give you a choice of what drive you wish to boot from at start up like systems commander and such.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote

RedMelody wrote:
JG27*Hyper wrote:
Hello

Hello, Jiri

I am so glad that you took your time to answer my question.

I know I can now run HyperLobby without a problem if I use English Windows, but the point is, most of the Chinese pilots use Chinese version windows only, they cannot switch to English..... Sad And I know some pilots in Japan with japanese windows are encounting the same problem, too.

What I hope is, maybe in your next HyperLobby version, you can fix the problem, so the guys using Chinese OS or Japanese OS can enjoy the convenience brought by you.

Thank you for your great efforts of making the terrific Lobby!! Smile

For me is only idea to install a chinesse windows, but it uses for me not understant characters whish break my whishes ... Confused Then i have no idea to fix this issue Confused

View next topic
View previous topic