Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Inappropriate conduct.......
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Billfish
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote

I'm curious to find out why a person who utilizes this program flying by the handle of 123_Pdog_123VEF in the IL2-FB lobby can fill the lobby for a half an hour describing in graphic detail how humans can have sex with Dolphins. Certainly juvenile at best and the adults there can naturally place him on ignore.......

Yet Minors/children fly using your software as well. Some encouraged by their parents to participate in the sim, others naturally coming on their own.....Most naturally would never use ignore curious at best. Worse still, if he is so publically verbose and risque....what happens when one of these same children find themselves in a pager messg. with him.

Though this was the most extreme case of his antics.....It is virtually a nightly occurance and unfortunately since parents of children here either have not the courage or parental protective instincts to drive this individual from HL.....I ask the owners of HL what you can do about it hoping you feel some minor amount more social responsibility then the equally childish parents in the IL2-FB HL during his usual outbursts?

Amethyst
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Use "Ignore" on him.
I used ignore on two morons last night.
663rd Asmody and A10vet kept up a constant
diatribe of insults and degradation for over an hour.
I just slapped the ignore on them
and "POOF" they no longer exist.

Jiri, thanks for that ignore feature!

amethyst/SGT.Slaughter

Zolos
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:08 am Reply with quote

Freakshows exist only because people give them attention. The internet can be a scary place, and is not for unsupervised children. Don't like someone, don't play their game. HL author gave ignore tool to exclude offensive idiots, but individual user is responsible for enabling it. HL author is not responsible for thoughts expressed by all the idiots of the world. Rolling Eyes

Billfish
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:16 am Reply with quote

So let me guess Zolo's, you're an owner of HL?......Or just an opinion?

Zolos
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:45 am Reply with quote

Only an opinion. This argument about users comments and actions has come up several times in the past on HL.

Billfish wrote:
So let me guess Zolo's, you're an owner of HL?......Or just an opinion?

Billfish
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:58 am Reply with quote

Apparently either I made this topic too confusing or it is not being read by those responding in that I clearly stated that "adults here can place him on ignore".

Personally regarding myself I simply found his adult topic filling the chat buffer for half an hour juvenile at best...Off color and risqué humor part of being an adult, and to be frank at the right time and place would probably have him blushing easily. However this is an issue of social responsibility to others in our community and respect.

Social responsibility in that children participate in the flight sim IL2-FB, unlike the adults curious at best so no doubt will listen to such adult conversations without question, therefore the responsibility of the adults there to keep their humor and adult topics in pager messages or to vague innuendos. Those that refuse to follow reasonable conduct then it being the social responsibility of the rest to protect the youth of their community yet most of all the children of fellow community members/team/squadron mates.

Respect in that though I expect from his obvious lack of maturity 123_Pdog to have none, that the members of the community (mostly adult males) have enough respect for their fellow players to insist their community members children are not exposed to such graphic posts.

Yet most of all my respect, as in where do I place it.....Last night obviously not with the few males witnessing it as they themselves were obviously too immature or uncaring, perhaps of the same "just put him on ignore" opinion to have the minimal courage and pride it takes to stand up and say enough..............So essentially calling upon the players as a whole to not simply condone this behavior by using "their ignore button" yet instead demanding it not continue in such a public arena knowing there is a time and place for everything.

So again I ask What can the owners of HL do to stop this individuals nightly rantings in that I understand they have done so when politics or war was the issue, this one a "real" matter of social/community responsibility and respect for their consumers hopefully caring enough about those that utilize and promote their software to help protect their children?

View next topic
View previous topic