Alternative HyperLobby

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Dedicated Remote Hyperlobby?
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
403Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Ok this is the situation. I have a hosting company that is looking into hosting IL2 FB. They are looking for more information.

I will have access to an ftp so there is no problem uploading missions, skins, etc..

But the concern is remotely stopping and starting the server from somehwere else.

So is HyperLobby just based as a client side software or do you have a server remote HL available? i.e. www.blackbagops.com to battlefield 1942.

So if I want to have my server which is hosted from fraggedservers.com they physically have to start/stop the server at their end. I will have no control over it at home?

This is the email I got from my server host.

"- Sorry for the delayed response. I'm having difficulties understanding the product because of all the different variations and lack of documentation. In your first email you mentioned hyperlobby, but none of the downloads you listed has any mention of such a product. Is Hyperlobby required for the dedicated server or is it a clientside thing?

Based on the files you sent I should be able to offer it under the DEPH program but I have no idea what they have available for remote administration... if you need more access than just FTP to control the server I'm not sure there is anything else I can offer."

Any more info or ideas?

Thank you!

Scott Byers

I want to email him back saying that there is a HL meant for server so I wanted to check here first.

Thanks for any help.

Mac
www.rcafac.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
troll2k
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote

HyperLobby is not needed to run a dedicated server.All you need is the dedicated server software.However you do need HyperLobby if you want your server to appear there.

Create a new account using the name you want to appear as the server name.Change your server.exe to Il2fb.exe.Then start the server as if it were a normal df game.

You can remote admin your server using a variety of programs.PC anywhere,vnc,remote desktop, vpn, etc.Also the server has a built in remote console.

I prefer to use vnc as I like to control the whole machine from my end.If I used the built in console I could only control the game.

Of course you must have permission on the machine you want to remote administer.Also firewall permissions for il2fb,hl,aping.

When you remote in to the dedicated server and shut it down HyperLobby wakes up and reappears and your server name appears in the player list until you start another game.

The dedicated server is for dog fights only.Not coops.

403Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quote

Rgr that ty you sir and thanks for your reply. Yeah we were thinking a dogfight setup. I'll forward this info to my server host.

Thanks again!

Mac
www.rcafac.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic