Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - New Computer Can't Install Hyperlobby
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
C15Slider
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote

~S~

New gaming rig...Windows Vista 32 Bit... The TX Squadron download won't install. Tried to re-install prompt said can't override with application. Removed folder... same prompt. Cannot find program
in program files but still won't let me to try again. Need my Hyperlobby back.... any suggestions?

Thx,

MercSlider

Doddlebug
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote

First, I have vista 32 and 64, I despise both of them.
Nothing but trouble for a slow piggish operating system.

You need to have administrator rights.

This is a really easy procedure to follow.

Credit where credit is deserved.

Date: July 5th, 2007
Author: Greg Shultz

techrepublic.com

1, Right-click the Computer icon on the Start menu and select Manage from the context menu. When you do, you’ll encounter a UAC, and you will need to respond accordingly.
Once you see the Computer Management console, go to the navigation pane and click the arrow next to Local Users And Groups to expand the branch. Then, click the Users folder and select the Administrator Account.
With the Administrator Account selected, click More Actions under Administrator in the Actions panel and select Properties from the context menu. When you see the Administrator Properties dialog box, clear the Account Is Disabled check box and click OK.
Now that the Administrator Account is activated, you can also work with the account in the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel.

2, Setting the passwordBy default, the Administrator account has a blank password, so the first order of business after activating the account is to set a password — preferably a complex password consisting of at least eight characters and using uppercase, lowercase, and numbers or special symbols.
With the Administrator account selected, click More Actions under Administrator in the Actions panel and select the Set Password command. When you do so, you will see a warning that explains that resetting a password from outside the account can cause irreversible loss of information. However, since the Administrator account has never been used, you can click Proceed with impunity. When you do, you will need to fill in the blanks in the Set Password dialog box and then click OK.

3, Logging in as the AdministratorNow that you’ve activated the Administrator account and set the password, using the account is as simple as logging off. When the Log Off operation completes, you’ll see the Welcome screen and a user icon for the Administrator account. To log on as the Administrator, click the icon and enter the password.
Again, I must emphasize that you should only use the real Administrator account sparingly and never make it your default modus operandi!

What’s your take?It’s a relatively easy operation to activate the real Administrator account in Vista once you know the technique. Now that you know how it’s done, are you likely to use the Vista Administrator account? Have you disabled UAC? If so, do you think that you’ll re-enable it and use this technique instead? Please drop by the discussion area and share your thoughts on the Administrator account technique and UAC in general.

Also you may need to shut down some or all the clapp trapp that makes vista such a resource pig.

for this I will edit this post later.

I shut down all the usless garbage running in background and to my amazment, Vista can run just as fast as XP.
And you still have the neat clock......(the only thing I like about Vista).

Shutting down the garbage in background also solves all the nagging compatibility
issues with older 32 and or 64 bit software.

Have fun!

DB/Sgt.Slaughter

C15Slider
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Thx for the reply.... Working last night here's what found.
1. Unzipped hlpro39111
2. Opened window to install C:\program files\hyperlobby Pro 3
3. Attempted to install
4. Message: the selected folder contains the follwing product: Hyperlobby client version 3.9.111 it can't be overwritten,please reenter the folder
If I click the the browse promt it shows this file in my folder. If I close Hyperlobby install program and go back to check the folder on my operating system it is not there. Interesting!
5. Game is installed and I can fly via i.p.
6. what do you think?

~S~

Slider

C15Slider
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Also....computer runs super fast....boutique gaming rig
Nvidia 8800 ultra
Intell quad core
4gig of Ram....Rams cheap....
Vista doesn't phase it...looking foward to seeing frame rates on max resolution...

thx again

Slider

Doddlebug
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote

RAM is cheap, but so is Windows Vista, it will never read more then 2.7 gigs of RAM.....

Only the 64 bit versions of Windows and Vista will ever recognise and use more than 2.7 gigs of RAM.

Yes, even your Intel Dual Core duo quad core is not going to use all your RAM.

I own all four Windows operating systems.

I run a AMD Quad core 64 "Quad father" FX-74 chipset, 8 gigs of RAM.
BFG 8800 ULTRA SLI.

I have a multi boot setup with four operating systems on it.

XP Pro 32 and Vista Ultimate 32 read only 2.7 gigs of RAM.

Vista64 and XP64 see all 8 gigs.

Most any application has used is 3.6 gigs of RAM by UT3 (Unreal tournament 3)

By the way,

The Vista search feature sucks.

I bet it's missing the folder.

Try using the search feature with the "C" drive opened.

You may have better results.

DB/Sgt.Slaughter

Doddlebug
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quote

First a repeat of my previous post.

First, I have vista 32 and 64, I despise both of them.
Nothing but trouble for a slow piggish operating system.

You need to have administrator rights.

This is a really easy procedure to follow.

Credit where credit is deserved.

Date: July 5th, 2007
Author: Greg Shultz

techrepublic.com

1, Right-click the Computer icon on the Start menu and select Manage from the context menu. When you do, you’ll encounter a UAC, and you will need to respond accordingly.
Once you see the Computer Management console, go to the navigation pane and click the arrow next to Local Users And Groups to expand the branch. Then, click the Users folder and select the Administrator Account.
With the Administrator Account selected, click More Actions under Administrator in the Actions panel and select Properties from the context menu. When you see the Administrator Properties dialog box, clear the Account Is Disabled check box and click OK.
Now that the Administrator Account is activated, you can also work with the account in the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel.

2, Setting the passwordBy default, the Administrator account has a blank password, so the first order of business after activating the account is to set a password — preferably a complex password consisting of at least eight characters and using uppercase, lowercase, and numbers or special symbols.
With the Administrator account selected, click More Actions under Administrator in the Actions panel and select the Set Password command. When you do so, you will see a warning that explains that resetting a password from outside the account can cause irreversible loss of information. However, since the Administrator account has never been used, you can click Proceed with impunity. When you do, you will need to fill in the blanks in the Set Password dialog box and then click OK.

3, Logging in as the AdministratorNow that you’ve activated the Administrator account and set the password, using the account is as simple as logging off. When the Log Off operation completes, you’ll see the Welcome screen and a user icon for the Administrator account. To log on as the Administrator, click the icon and enter the password.
Again, I must emphasize that you should only use the real Administrator account sparingly and never make it your default modus operandi!

What’s your take?It’s a relatively easy operation to activate the real Administrator account in Vista once you know the technique. Now that you know how it’s done, are you likely to use the Vista Administrator account? Have you disabled UAC? If so, do you think that you’ll re-enable it and use this technique instead? Please drop by the discussion area and share your thoughts on the Administrator account technique and UAC in general.

Also you may need to shut down some or all the clapp trapp that makes vista such a resource pig.

for this I will edit this post later.

I shut down all the usless garbage running in background and to my amazment, Vista can run just as fast as XP.
And you still have the neat clock......(the only thing I like about Vista).

Shutting down the garbage in background also solves all the nagging compatibility
issues with older 32 and or 64 bit software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here it goes.
How to safely shut down the most useless crap running in background.
It's pretty simple.
Disclaimer.....
I make no promises.
If you screw it up, don't blame me!

Press CNTRL ALT DELETE.
You will get the windows defender "dungeon effect" trying to scare hell out of you.
Procede, tell it you are competent to work on your own computer.

Click "Start Task Manager"

Next thing that pops up will be the Windows Task Manager dialog box.

1, At the top left, click on "File"

2, click on "New Task Run"

3, Type msconfig in the white where indicated, then click OK.

4, click on "TOOLS"

5, Click on "Programs" then "Launch".

6, On the top left, click on "Turn Windows features of or off." You may have a 30 second wait for the dialog box to populate.

7, Uncheck ALL the boxed in the "Windows Features" dialog box.

8, Click OK.

Use this procedure to turn the desired featured back on.
I have turned nothing back on, Vista runs great stripped!

Ok, about RAM use in WinXP and Vista, again a repeat.

Windows Vista 32 or XP pro 32, it will never read more then 2.7 gigs of RAM.....

Only the 64 bit versions of Windows and Vista will ever recognise and use more than 2.7 gigs of RAM.

Yes, even your Intel Dual Core duo quad core is not going to use all your RAM.

I own all four Windows operating systems.

I run a AMD Quad core 64 "Quad father" FX-74 chipset, 8 gigs of RAM.
BFG 8800 ULTRA SLI.

I have a multi boot setup with four operating systems on it.

XP Pro 32 and Vista Ultimate 32 read only 2.7 gigs of RAM.

Vista64 and XP64 see all 8 gigs.

DB/Sgt.Slaughter

C15Slider
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote

hey,

Finally got hyperlobby downloaded....as the administrator.... it loads up with two error messages>>>>But after I clear those everything seems fine. Im going to review you posts and get a bit more familiar with the operating system...curious though....You have xp and Vista on the same PC????

Slider

Doddlebug
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Quad boot, four hard drives to reduce the possibility of conflict.
XP pro(32), XP pro 64, Ultimate Vista 32, and Ultimate Vista 64.

DB/Sgt.Slaughter

C15Slider
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Wow...four hardrives....I invite you to fly with us if you would like....
Mercsever in the hyperlobby. I appreciate your posts and your intellect....

~S~

MercSlider

View next topic
View previous topic