Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - NEW LOMAC PILOTS MUST READ
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
169th_Ice
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:30 am Reply with quote

This thread is dedicated to New Pilots flying Lomac

To play online, patch 1.02 is required. It is also important that LOMAC be patched from a fresh install of the original 1.00.
There are known issues patching from 1.01 to 1.02. If 1.01 is installed then LOMAC must be completely uninstalled including the "Eagle Dynamics" directory in "Program Files". Then reinstall LOMAC and patch using the 1.00 to 1.02 patch. It can be found here

Hyperlobby is the only place to play online. It can be downloaded here

Most players use Teamspeak and its what we the 169th recommend. It can be downloaded here

We have a Teamspeak Server linked to our Homepage. there is nearly allways a few panthers connected and we are allways happy to help out the new guys. Once you register to the 169th Panthers Website you will be able to just click on the Teamspeak window and join our "Ready Room" Channel

It is extremely important when joining a server that the connection speed be altered to "XDSL 128/128 Kbit/s".
This is done at the Multiplayer screen by switching to "STOP" and then changing the default setting "Modem 33.6" to "XDSL 128/128 Kbit/s"

The Golden Rules

** Allways Read The Brief

** Most servers do not allow Vulching (shooting aircraft whilst they are still on the ground)

** If you change your loadout or create a new one it is most important to SAVE IT. If you dont save the load then your aircraft missiles will be invisible to everyone else on the server. Not only that but your kills will not register and you will not get a score.

** Do not use Mods unless the Server specifies. Not only are they looked apon as cheats, but they also make servers unstable when they don't have the same mods installed. Mods are not scenery changes. mods are aircraft modifications like the F16 and F18 or Loadout mods such as the AIM54C on Su27's

** Most of all have fun and respect your opponents.

"The best pilots are not the ones with the most kills. They are the ones who can acknowledge a good kill".

Originally posted here

Play Hard - Play Fair
CEO\Wing Commander "Ice"
169th Panthers 
HercMan
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, gratefully received. However I take issue with your claim that HL is the ONLY place to play LOMAC online.....don't forget Ubi.com which though tiny is still valid. Indeed I have been having such long load times with my new LOMAC on HL that I figured something was wrong until I tried Ubi.com where times were slightly improved. No idea why but it was a fact. Confused

I am very disappointed with the slow load times of this game (over 5 minutes is really a joke!) but once in game, the quality of the experience makes up for it to some degree. I have Flaming Cliffs installed and don't know if this is affecting the time factor but would expect it to have improved if anything, what with ironing out a few bugs one hopes? Confused
Crying or Very sad

Sgt_York

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote

I noticed last night in the Hyperlobby that everyone had 1.11 patch installed is this correct?

Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Hi Sergeant!

This is what the new patch details in its Read Me file :

"Version 1.11 is not multiplayer compatible with previous versions of Lock On. All players must be using the same version of version 1.11.
Track files recorded in versions prior to 1.11 may not play properly in version 1.11. "

From that it suggests it runs like the other flt sims in HyperLobby in that you must have the compatible patch to fly with others already patched to that standard. Same as IL2 FB +AEP+PF for instance.

Hope that helps? Wink

Regards
Herc

neb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:40 am Reply with quote

would like to join u on on team speak to get some help on playing lomac online through hyper lobby im having no luck with it really annoying as i have never played this online plz can u help could u leave your team speak address on a reply to this plz thank u Very Happy

ricklude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote

WAHT DID YA SAY! Confused

Couldn't see the post to read it dude. BAD choice of text color.

View next topic
View previous topic