Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - ....CFS3......
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
RustyYoke
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3

As some of you may have known, MS canceled the the GameMatch server in late November.

We have been forming up on the Simouthouse forum since playing online via IP connection.

There has been talk about obtaining a new server. Even about having one built for us.

But I truly think it wiser for us to see if there is any possibility that HyperLobby could be our new server instead. Why try to establish a game server when there is one that has already been established such as HyperLobby? Wink

Between Simouthouse (SOH) and Missions Operations Group (MOG) I believe that we would be looking at 50 players or more.

We've been pretty comfortable at SOH but we do need to expand and move off of the IP games. I can tell that some members over there are starting to get edgy about finding an answer to this. (I'm trying to rally them here towards this site.)

So please....

If you could give use any insight of the possibility that CFS3 could be hosted on HyperLobby, We would all greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Rusty

sittingbison

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quote

Hi Rusty,
yes there is a thriving CFS3 community, largely represented at simouthouse. Since the advent of the terrific and groundbreaking add on games Over Flanders Fields (OFF) , Mediterranean Air War (MAW) and Pacific Theatre Operations (PTO) their has been a resurgence of interest in CFS3.

As many gamers know M$ cut support on their gamematch server, creating considerable angst amongst the multiplayer community. Whilst surviving short term on private IP hosted games, there is an undeniable need to get a server up and running.

I would suggest that utilising the services of an existing game server would be the best option rather than creating a new CFS3 specific server. I am certain there would not be an objection amongst the multiplayer fraternity for paying membership fees, as they are getting increased enjoyment from this rebirthed game.

cheers
bison

mogrumboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:59 am Reply with quote

Hi Rusty,

I'm from MOG (www.missionoperationsgroup.net), and I just wanted to say that of the 80 or so members we have flying CFS3, we really do appreciate the efforts you are making to try and get this server going since the bogies at MS splashed the cfs3 server.

Is there a chance Hyperlobby might take it on? As the home of discarded MS simulators of old, I do hope so.

I only bought cfs3 in august last year and there are plenty I see on sim_outhouse who have purchased it only recently to find the promise of multiplayer is not available unless they get on to IP's. Seems like a market ready for the plucking.

Too many people have too much time and effort in this game to throw it away and buy the next one.

Rum

Daiichidoku
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote

you guys need to get in touch with Jiri about having HL support CFS3, so you can run servers from it

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=4

be good to have another flight sim group added to HL, esp given the relatively modest numbers of this niche

mogrumboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote

thanks mate, we'll give that a go

lipra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote

I would like cfs3 to be considered for inclusion it has and avid following as can be seen at the sim-outhouse forum. together with OFF PYO and MAW would be an asset to all your sponsors

one-eye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:11 am Reply with quote

I think CFS3 and all of its add-ons would make a great fit with what already exists at HL , and I'm sure there would be cross over to HL's other games and back,I'm behind it as a owner of CFS3 and IL2.

flyer01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote

I would hope hyperlobby would put cfs3 on their site.

RustyYoke
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Daiichidoku....Will do.

I'd like to thank those who have gone through the process of registering in order to express their concern about seeing CFS3 on HyperLobby. I think I can safely say that I sense that there would be some excitement at word if CFS3 were to have a server once again.

We do have more in our community and some are frankly just unfamiliar with forums and would prefer to just hit the "Play" button instead. I'm still expecting that more will be posting how much they would like to have a server again.

My hopes would be that after contacting Jiri, he would see a thread of large enthusiasm.

With that set aside, I think that it might be wise mention how CFS3 has developed. Especially over the last year. (Believe me...I have no desire at all on starting any war on what sim is better. I and most believe that each Sim offers it's own uniqueness and each has it's own great value.)

Over Flanders Fields (OFF) Phase 2 had been released nearly 2 years now. It is a tremendously great WWI add-on created by members and available for free. The FM and scenery in my opinion has just been great and hard to beat. OFF Phase 3 is soon to be released, but will be released as payware.

Mediterranean Air War (MAW) was created by the Desert Rats a year ago which is available for free as well. WWII desert warfare that is packed with so many aircraft, that I could never mention all of them. The effects are truly amazing compared to the old Vanilla CFS3.

Pacific Theater Operations (PTO) created by the Ground Crew for free has been the most recent add-on. The stunning Blues and Aquas are truly tranquil to the eyes. I could not tell you how much fun we had one night doing torpedo runs against a shipping lane.

Korean Skies developed some years back by the Ground Crew (Free as well) is just as stunning as PTO for is tropical simulation and consists of the combination of prop as well as jet fighters.

No...I don't work for them...Nor am I auditioning to be a critic Wink But to add up what I've experienced of the the years...That's my best description.

I would think that there would be some here at HyperLobby who might find it nice to have additions to their simulators, maybe making it more refreshing for their gaming experience.

Now I'm not sure how those add-ons could be applied to HyperLobby. Maybe impossible...Maybe easy as pie. I have so little knowledge on the world of servers, but we can play these IP to IP with pretty much ease.

Anyhow......Thanks for giving us a place to post.

I like the thought of having the Simouthouse, Missions Operations Group and HyperLobby as one community.

I think we could all benefit from each other and have countless years of fun.

Thanks Guys,

Rusty

SandJosieph
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote

Hiya Rusty!

I have a nagging question: will we be able to use mismatched aircraft? Because I would really like to use my custom B-17 online, but I'm afraid to post it at combatfs.com as it uses Firepower textures. Which prevents other people from being able to join the games I host since they get the mismatched aircraft message. Does that make any sense?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quote

sandy,
your B17 is not 'modified', it is now the Millenium Falcon!

cheers
bison Wink

SandJosieph
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouraging words, but it hasn't answered my question. I guess what I was trying to ask was: Would it be possible to use aircraft other peole don't have online? Because if we can, then I would be happy to lend some kind of support for a new server.

Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 am Reply with quote

Hi Sand,

Firepower was another add-on that I had forgot to mention.

Firepower can be played IP to IP if the other players have Firepower as well.

Now if your Firepower B-17 has been altered it will not match the other players F/P B-17's.

I do understand your point. If it's been altered...I won't be playable.

But....

If you host a firepower game, you can choose not to allow the B-17 into your game. Then anybody who has Firepower can join. The B-17 will not be called for in your game.

For those who do not know. The game match feature was established in CFS3 as a result of the cheating capabilities of CFS2.

Aircraft and weaponry have to match in order to join a game. That way a stock Spitfire won't get hammered by another Spit with Tempest cannons.
Laughing

MAW matches to MAW...Giving a ton of aircraft to choose from. OFF to OFF....PTO to PTO...and so on.

Did I make that too confusing Sand?

SandJosieph
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quote

No, it makes perfect sense. A bit disappointing because I really wanted to use MY B-17 online...[sighs].

Don't worry though, I still support the idea of a new server of sorts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quote

Just wanting to lend support and to show that there are lots of people anxious to find out if hosting CFS3 at this server is possible.

Thanks,

John

View next topic
View previous topic