Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Hosting on Hyperlobby .. please help
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Knife21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:26 am Reply with quote

I have a LAN set up at home with 5 computers. One of them is a dual processor server built for hosting IL-2/FB/AEP. I have a DSL connection and a router. Last night I used port forwarding for AEP (21000) and Hyperlobby (1698). My buddies could connect to the server and fly, but I could not connect with any of my client pc's on the LAN behind the router. Any idea why? I think it is a router setting, but I'm not sure. The client pc's can connect to other servers on Hyperlobby without a problem. I just can't connect to my server.

<sigh>

It is an SMC router.
http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?prod=290&sec=Support&pg=Support-Center-Downloads&site=c&submit.x=10&submit.y=7

Any help is appreciated.

Knife21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote

We got that issue resolved. Now if I can find a solution to getting the ping time to display in Hyperlobby, rather than time out, it will be sorted.

Question

GunAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote

Knife21 wrote:
We got that issue resolved. Now if I can find a solution to getting the ping time to display in Hyperlobby, rather than time out, it will be sorted.

Question

I have fb ded servr on one machine. I can connect to hyper lobby on it and start a game. I can then connect to this game from anotther machine through multiplay. When I connect to HL from a client machine the server disconnects from HL. I cannot connect to the servr that is connected to HL from a client machine through HL. Is this because I need separate HL accounts on the two machines?

MOG_Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote

GunAce wrote:
Knife21 wrote:

Question

I have fb ded servr on one machine. I can connect to hyper lobby on it and start a game. I can then connect to this game from anotther machine through multiplay. When I connect to HL from a client machine the server disconnects from HL. I cannot connect to the servr that is connected to HL from a client machine through HL. Is this because I need separate HL accounts on the two machines?

That is exactly the problem, you have to install hyperlobby on the server, and connect to it with another callsing. Make sure that callsing match the name of your server. Click an open game box at the top and set your game (description, numbers of players, difficulty settings (pointless since you can overide thoses settings by a script on your server) click on save info, click on the blue pill right of your server name, and click start game. When the server has started, start your prefered daemon (most use FBDaemon2).

So you answered your own question, you must only one call sing per machine, one for the server, and one for your flying comp (any comp in your network minus the server)

View next topic
View previous topic