Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - Next HyperLobby version whishlist
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Discussion continue here:

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7600

For new ideas please use "Features request" forum:

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=10

Thanks

Last edited by Jiri-Fojtasek on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total 
Forsberg
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Glad to see new HL, my propositions:

Hope you like it Smile

- normal window look - skins are not needed if you want them please leave possibility to get normal application look like another

- when I close HL if I am currently playing via HL in Lock on it'll crash

- better pager system - currently is really bad - no sorting, searching ect.

- after connecting to game possibility to continue talking on chat (you're only connecting to game but you can still continue talking on HL)

- please look into this lobby:

Clear look, nice chat. Who is where, nationalities ect. Even the map preview. It is the Spring lobby.

http://springlobby.info/projects/springlobby/wiki

marte7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Hi, have you thinked about the introduction of new games, new simulator, like rise of flight ?
And what about the possibility to exchange file, like mission file for example, between the user of hl ???

Smile
i hope my idea could help..
bye

Distiler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote

A suggestion and welcome again, glad you have a little time for HL:

The brand new LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and DCS:BlackShark, both from Eagle Dynamics are going to be compatible online in the immediate future. Having different rooms for them would be very nice, but I think It could be superv if both games could share the same room given that servers are the same for both. I understand it might be tricky because the executable name is different. An idea would be a little windows opening when the user clicks join a server asking wich sim wants to execute.

PD: DCS:Blackshark is a high fidelity sim of Ka-50 helicopter, and Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 is the Lockon we all know with the DCS engine and minor differences.

PD2: even LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 have a different executable than the other incarnations of LockOn, and those are not compatible, so an hipotetic DCS/LO:FC2 room have to be different than the actual LO room.

PD3: Perhaps, in the future, might be a dedicated unified dedicated server (nobody knows for real), but right now servers of both those games are regular game clients acting as server.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote

Distiler wrote:
A suggestion and welcome again, glad you have a little time for HL:

The brand new LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and DCS:BlackShark, both from Eagle Dynamics are going to be compatible online in the immediate future. Having different rooms for them would be very nice, but I think It could be superv if both games could share the same room given that servers are the same for both. I understand it might be tricky because the executable name is different. An idea would be a little windows opening when the user clicks join a server asking wich sim wants to execute.

PD: DCS:Blackshark is a high fidelity sim of Ka-50 helicopter, and Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 is the Lockon we all know with the DCS engine and minor differences.

PD2: even LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 have a different executable than the other incarnations of LockOn, and those are not compatible, so an hipotetic DCS/LO:FC2 room have to be different than the actual LO room.

PD3: Perhaps, in the future, might be a dedicated unified dedicated server (nobody knows for real), but right now servers of both those games are regular game clients acting as server.

Hello

Different games cannot share the same room. Its issue by design. Here is short guideline how to add support for new game:
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1499

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Forsberg wrote:
Glad to see new HL, my propositions:

Hope you like it Smile

- normal window look - skins are not needed if you want them please leave possibility to get normal application look like another

- when I close HL if I am currently playing via HL in Lock on it'll crash

- better pager system - currently is really bad - no sorting, searching ect.

- after connecting to game possibility to continue talking on chat (you're only connecting to game but you can still continue talking on HL)

- please look into this lobby:

Clear look, nice chat. Who is where, nationalities ect. Even the map preview. It is the Spring lobby.

http://springlobby.info/projects/springlobby/wiki

Hello

It looking good, but its not posible rewrite user IU of HL without extra effort. Better will be start from scratch whis is not subject of this topic Smile

Forsberg
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote

Ah I get it. I just had hoped it is new HL Smile

Mysticpuma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote

As reported on Ubi Forums, I currently have an issue running under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

Running Windows 7 64-Bit and installed Hyperlobby using "Run as Administrator" and Compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Sadly, when I launch Hyperlobby, this is what I see:

It also automatically chooses the install on the C: drive.

I tried changing the Skin.ini file, with two different version fixes, but still I have no menu bar.

I just noticed that I can quit the app. now by clicking on the cross in the top-right corner, so I don't have to use Task Manager any more....thankfully!

Clicking on the drop-down arrow in the top-right, minimises the window, as-does the 'dash' bar to the right of it.

Is there a fix for this, as currently I have to log on manual in Multiplay, so that I can use Ultrapack or HSFX versions.

Looking at the new menu system, I look forward to a new release, but currently this is the way I have to go!

Cheers, MP.

jermin
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:24 am Reply with quote

Add in Unicode support. Enable typing with Chinese/Jpapanese/Korean characters. Support Windows of above language。

Aviar
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote

I have been using HL for the past 8 years (mostly IL-2) and I'll tell you one thing I would like to see. I think we need at least one more Coop Mission on the front page.

If Coop 1 is busy and you try to host a coop on the 'hidden' Coop Room, it is a lot harder to get players to join. The reason is obvious.

I know this would mean making HL physically bigger, but most people these days have pretty big monitors. I don't see a problem there.

If that's not possible, then maybe an option where you could have two Rooms open at the same time. For instance, the General Room and the Cooperative Room.

Aviar

Trantor
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 am Reply with quote

Is adding a new Room for IL2-Sturmovik 1946
a new Version necessary or can you change it now?

~S~

Trantor

@Jiri ,
please check you Personal Message Wink

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 am Reply with quote

Trantor wrote:
Is adding a new Room for IL2-Sturmovik 1946
a new Version necessary or can you change it now?

Its already noted ...

rnzoli
Dude
Dude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Hi Jiri, could you implement that little feature we discussed for Dedicated Co-op Servers back in 2007?

Changing the HL descrption and color of a dogfight server on the run. The HL client to read a text file on the game host, containing this information and the HL server to change this information to other HL clients.

This would be really useful to indicate, when the co-op server controller is ready to accept new players (during briefing stage) and when it is already running a mission (possible to join, but not possible to fly until the mission is finished). Normal (open) color could be green as today, in progress as yellow, closed mission as red.

Probably there is a history of this on these forums, I only posted about this subject in here, unfortunately all my search and topic open attempts time out right now.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote

rnzoli wrote:
Hi Jiri, could you implement that little feature we discussed for Dedicated Co-op Servers back in 2007?

Changing the HL descrption and color of a dogfight server on the run. The HL client to read a text file on the game host, containing this information and the HL server to change this information to other HL clients.

This would be really useful to indicate, when the co-op server controller is ready to accept new players (during briefing stage) and when it is already running a mission (possible to join, but not possible to fly until the mission is finished). Normal (open) color could be green as today, in progress as yellow, closed mission as red.

Probably there is a history of this on these forums, I only posted about this subject in here, unfortunately all my search and topic open attempts time out right now.

That thread is here:
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7083

First of all i need fix pending issues (i was not here for allmost 4 years). Then i need solve a lot of "if" and "else" regarding hl service itself and finally after all i can begin work at improvements.

View next topic
View previous topic