Forums

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread

Anyone Still Doing Skins? (& Another Question)

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - List IL2 guest players in hyperlobby
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I have one question, is it possible to show in the Hyperlobby the current player quantity what join on a server and not only the player quantity what join by Hyperlobby on a Server?

Many Pilots dont use the Hyperlobby only for this reason.

Greeting Hasenfuss

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Hello,

I have one question, is it possible to show in the Hyperlobby the current player quantity what join on a server and not only the player quantity what join by Hyperlobby on a Server?

Greeting Hasenfuss

It is because that many pilots you reffering do not use hyperlobby, because server admins advertise their ip and also hosting their servers at hyperlobby, etc ... its issue of wrong decisions.

Game info are refreshed only 2 times per second.

Also there are a bug reported by one user. When HL start the game return back to chat whish causing he is in game but HL count him in chat.

I can fix issues i can reproduce and isolate, othervise nothing happen.

JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:40 am Reply with quote

Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:
JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Hello,

Greeting Hasenfuss

It is because that many pilots you reffering do not use hyperlobby, because server admins advertise their ip and also hosting their servers at hyperlobby, etc ... its issue of wrong decisions.

Hmm, not really we have many discussions about this topic in our Forum, the result was every time that the reason why the most Pilots in our Comunity dont use the HL is, that the HL dont show the current player quantity what fly on a Server, HL shows only the Player waht be Join by HL on a Server. Therefore use many Pilots other Servertools like HL, what show the current playerquantity of a Server.
When HL has also this feature, we have much more Pilots what use the HL and we can make oure Server more public.

But ok, your decision, I can only show that this is a point to many people would wish that be changed.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
But ok, your decision, I can only show that this is a point to many people would wish that be changed.

To be correct, its issue of the design not my decision Wink I fighting this issue for years and cannot do with it anything more.

HL is an comunity tool, so it display only players using it, whish are part of our comunity, not ingame guests, whish is also technically imposible. The other way is lock HL hosted servers only for HL clients. Then it will show always correct numbers. But this cannot be done. When a player decide that he do not want to be part of HL comunity i cant do anything about it.

JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote

Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:
JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:

whish is also technically imposible.

No, its possible, take a look to Banzai Connect Tool.

http://www.team-kehr.de/banzai.zip]http://www.team-kehr.de/banzai.zip
http://85.114.130.211/index.php?site=files&file=8

A Feature like this on the Serverlist, that its what many Pilots want, only a little window what show the informations like the Banzai Tool when a User klick a Server.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:
JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:

whish is also technically imposible.

No, its possible, take a look to Banzai Connect Tool.

http://www.team-kehr.de/banzai.zip]http://www.team-kehr.de/banzai.zip
http://85.114.130.211/index.php?site=files&file=8

A Feature like this on the Serverlist, that its what many Pilots want, only a little window what show the informations like the Banzai Tool when a User klick a Server.

Ok i accepting this as new idea. Iam open to any ideas Smile. Guest players should be show in game info windows with prefix (Guest). Then HL will posible show correct number of players in this game. To do this i need rewrite some parts of the code. Its lots of work but not imposible.

I return to this topic after current development cycle will be finished.

JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:

Ok i accepting this as new idea. Iam open to any ideas Smile.

Great, that it what I want to hear Very Happy

I have posted this topic on our Comunity, maybe some people will you give a little support. We will see.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:

Ok i accepting this as new idea. Iam open to any ideas Smile.

Great, that it what I want to hear Very Happy

I have posted this topic on our Comunity, maybe some people will you give a little support. We will see.

You are welcome Smile

FG28_Kodiak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote

Hi Jiri,

Il-2 Sturmovik uses the Gamespy-Protocol.

You simply must send a UDP-Packet to the Server.

if you send \status\ the server will anwer (for example i use CZ_AH_Dedicated):
Message received from 147.32.50.52:21000:
\gamename\il2sturmovikfb\gamever\4.09m\location\1\hostname\CZ_AH_Dedicated: 4.09m __CRT=2__ Pseudohistorical missions 1939-1945. TS connection info: www.aholubi.org\hostport\21000\mapname\Net/dogfight/aktualni_mapy/normandy_1943.mis\gametype\dogfight\numplayers\2\maxplayers\50\gamemode\openplaying\groupid\CZ_AH_Dedicated: 4.09m __CRT=2__ Pseudohistorical missions 1939-1945. TS connection info: www.aholubi.org\SeparateEStart\1\ComplexEManagement\1\EngineOverheat\1\TorqueGyroEffects\1\FlutterEffect\1\WindTurbulence\1\StallsSpins\1\Vulnerability\1\BlackoutsRedouts\1\RealisticGunnery\1\LimitedAmmo\1\LimitedFuel\1\CockpitAlwaysOn\1\NoOutsideViews\1\HeadShake\1\NoIcons\0\NoPadlock\1\Clouds\1\NoInstantSuccess\1\TakeoffLanding\1\RealisticLandings\1\NoMapIcons\1\NoMinimapPath\0\NoSpeedBar\0\player_0\FRED*31*\score_0\100\ping_0\17\team_0\1\player_1\Nils\score_1\0\ping_1\78\team_1\1\team_t1\Red\score_t1\100\final\

if you send \info\ to the server:
\hostname\CZ_AH_Dedicated: 4.09m __CRT=2__ Pseudohistorical missions 1939-1945. TS connection info: www.aholubi.org\hostport\21000\mapname\Net/dogfight/aktualni_mapy/karelia_1943.mis\gametype\dogfight\numplayers\5\maxplayers\50\gamemode\openplaying\groupid\CZ_AH_Dedicated: 4.09m __CRT=2__ Pseudohistorical missions 1939-1945. TS connection info: www.aholubi.org\final\

if you send \rules\ to the server:
\SeparateEStart\1\ComplexEManagement\1\EngineOverheat\1\TorqueGyroEffects\1\FlutterEffect\1\WindTurbulence\1\StallsSpins\1\Vulnerability\1\BlackoutsRedouts\1\RealisticGunnery\1\LimitedAmmo\1\LimitedFuel\1\CockpitAlwaysOn\1\NoOutsideViews\1\HeadShake\1\NoIcons\0\NoPadlock\1\Clouds\1\NoInstantSuccess\1\TakeoffLanding\1\RealisticLandings\1\NoMapIcons\1\NoMinimapPath\0\NoSpeedBar\0\final\

if you send \players\ to the server:
\player_0\kische\score_0\14\ping_0\164\team_0\1\player_1\_47\score_1\0\ping_1\49\team_1\1\player_2\dfyz\score_2\100\ping_2\100\team_2\2\player_3\JEER\score_3\0\ping_3\31\team_3\2\player_4\VGR_Butys\score_4\0\ping_4\8\team_4\1\team_t1\Red\score_t1\14\team_t2\Blue\score_t2\100\final\

You can get the exact playernummer after \numplayers\ in the \status\ - or \info\ - Answer.

Sorry for my bad english.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for detailed info Smile

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote

I have tested it now and it working great. I will start work at this feature after 4.x release ...

JG333_Hasenfuss
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote

Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:
I have tested it now and it working great. I will start work at this feature after 4.x release ...

Great thanks, I'm very happy and many other Pilots too.

FI_Airway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote

JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:

Yes. Very nice Very Happy

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote

FI_Airway wrote:
JG333_Hasenfuss wrote:
Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:

Yes. Very nice Very Happy

Here is already lots of thing i need to solve. First of all is how to integrate it in to HL interface, This feature will be done at client side, so HL server will not have nothing todo with this.My premiliary idea is to define some automatic refresh time about 1 minute. Every minute all servers in GIP will be probet for extra data, the the gathered data will split with HL session data. So there still will be an chance to get incorect data, but it will be only in 1 minute window. Because HL setup all the server settings before the server start, only informations i need is player count. Game information window will then list list of HL players and number of guest. As i said HL is a community system so it will not show names of guest players, only their count.

Jiri-Fojtasek
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Jiri-Fojtasek wrote:

Here is already lots of thing i need to solve. First of all is how to integrate it in to HL interface, This feature will be done at client side, so HL server will not have nothing todo with this.My premiliary idea is to define some automatic refresh time about 1 minute. Every minute all servers in GIP will be probet for extra data, the the gathered data will split with HL session data. So there still will be an chance to get incorect data, but it will be only in 1 minute window. Because HL setup all the server settings before the server start, only informations i need is player count. Game information window will then list list of HL players and number of guest. As i said HL is a community system so it will not show names of guest players, only their count.

This way will not be good, it will cause lots of unvanted load to the target server. Next solution is add "extended gameinfo susbsystem". HL client running server session will gather extended gameinfo from the hosting server and if there will be change he will broadcast that via standart hyperlobby method. This will not increase load on the target server and will fully meet HL requirements Smile Gathering interval will be about 1 minute, whis is not much precise but enought to report correct player counters.

View next topic
View previous topic