Alternative HyperLobby

Happy New Year 2024 !!!

Happy Holidays

I/JG7 "Nowotny" Skin

CFS3 and win 11

IL2 Great Battles series

Lost the Hyperlobby connect screen

HyperLobby Online System: Forums

HyperLobby Online System :: View topic - HyperLobby client cannot find game instalation folder
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search HyperLobby Online System Forum Index
View next topic
View previous topic
JGFalke
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Hallo , Sad

has anyone an Idea ?: Following Information comes allways if I want to connect:

Please wait ... connecting ...
Connected ...
Welcome to user account wizard (2 steps):
Please confirm your password by chat :
Please type your e-mail address by chat :
Congratulation ! Your user account to HyperLobby is succesfully created ...
****, welcome to the HyperLobby ...
HyperLobby cannot found game instalation folder. Reconnect and locate instalation of your game ...

...and there is no popup window at all, as shown in the HL manual.

Greetings

Falke

Last edited by JGFalke on Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:57 pm Reply with quote

JGFalke wrote:
Hallo , Sad

has anyone an Idea ?: Following Information comes allways if I want to connect:

Please wait ... connecting ...
Connected ...
Welcome to user account wizard (2 steps):
Please confirm your password by chat :
Please type your e-mail address by chat :
Congratulation ! Your user account to HyperLobby is succesfully created ...
****, welcome to the HyperLobby ...
HyperLobby cannot found game instalation folder. Reconnect and locate instalation of your game ...

...and there is no popup window at all, as shown in the HL manual.

Greetings

Falke

Hello what is happening is that HL cannot find the .exe to launch your game. So what you must do is open up the client software and while holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys hit connect. That will bring up that search window.

Now hit the search and it will find all versions of the game on your computer. When you see it double click on it and it will send the pathway eg: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\il2.exe to the top. once this is done you click on the save button and you should be right to go.

Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, Very Happy
Gunny,

now through your help, Iam one step further,

but the program still cannot find anything at all: Confused

0 item(s) found

Hyperlobby cannot find the game installation path !!

If you can explain me, how did you manage it to insert all this pictures in this forum post, then I can do the same,[/img] to show, what happens.

maybe this information can help:
In the FAQ, they say should this be in the post.

the verinfo.txt says:

Win NT: 5.1.A28 - Service Pack 1 but i have WinXP german
hlpro.exe 3.3.0.55
aping.exe 1.0.0.16
dexec.exe 1.0.0.5
mswinsck.ocx 6.0.89.88
msvbvm50.dll 5.2.82.44
asycfilt.dll 3.50.5014.0
comcat.dll 5.0.2600.1
ctl3d.dll No Version Info available!
ctl3dnt.dll No Version Info available!
oleaut32.dll 3.50.5016.0
olepro32.dll 5.0.5014.0
stdole2.tlb 3.50.5014.0

335th_GRViper
Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:51 pm Reply with quote

~S~
Falke, you have to upload pictures somewhere,then link pic using
Img* option you will find when post or reply.
During login you have FB checked?last one in games option.[/img]

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Smile That could be it too GRViper Smile
If not then you can manually insert the game pathway by clicking on the windows start/programs/ubisoft/IL-2 Forgotten Battles then right click on the Forgotten Battles tab that you would use to launch the game off line. From there select properties and then copy the pathway in the target slot.
That pathway is now in your clipboard ready to be pasted into the top slot of the game search duologue box you opened earlier. Hit save and that should be it.

Let us know.. Smile

Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:43 pm Reply with quote

thanks for your reply,

I will not enoy you, but I still cannot join at all.

...and I don´t know how to get pictures in my post. I tried to use "insert" Contextmenue to get the copy of my screenshot (Alt +Print Screen) but this option I can´t get, because its not hightlighted.

I tried nearly everything. By the way: I play European Air War, maybe next IL 2 FB too, if I can get a lower price for the game-simulation.

1. My HTML option is off, how can I make it on ? I get it on in my profile, but its still off in my post options.

2. How can I get those pictures, screenshots like you in my post, to let everybody see, what happens ?

Regards, Falke

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Your screen shot has to be loaded on your webspace. Then you have to paste the url eg: http://www.mywebspace.com/myscreenshot.jpg here between the BBcode to make it show. eg:
Code:
[img]http://www.mywebspace.com/myscreenshot.jpg[/img]

Jiri has disabled HTML

So you are playing eaw then. when you choose the eaw room to connect it says It cant find the instalation.
Do you know where the eaw.exe resides?

Postman
Postman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:06 pm Reply with quote

S~
1. HTML off:I suppose is admin option
2.To upload apic you have to link pic to the forum.
Step 1:Upload the picture you want to a web space,your ISP or anywhere you can do it.
Step 2:Copy and paste the url for the photo,for example "http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr/Images/335.gif" for mine.Note that you have to put URL for the pic not only directory or page that contains your pic.
Step 3:Paste in you post the URL ,mark it eith your mouse and click "Img" button located top right.
If you put your mouse over Img button you will see the syntax exactly over your text.
That's it! Smile

JGFalke
Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Hallo,

thanks, but I just want to paste a picture that I had copied from HLclient, in the post text like you do Gunny, with the following orders: I copy the picture of the popup window of HL client and then I paste this in my post in this forum, so everybody can see it.

I mean, Gunny, how did you make it, how could you get this picture in your first reply of my post, Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:57 pm this was your first reply "Hello what is happening is that HL cannot find the .exe to launch your game. So what you must do is open up the client software and while holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys hit connect. That will bring up that search window the yellow text is yours and after this text is shown a popupwindow picture . And how can I paste such a picture in this post ? Then I could show you the problem in pictures.

I found out that the HL Program didn´t search in my programs, but only in one folder and not even in a program folder. I don´t know, I think, maybe Jiri can help me and this problem should be posted in the FAQ.

Greetings

Falke

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:35 am Reply with quote

JGFalke wrote:
Hallo,

thanks, but I just want to paste a picture that I had copied from HLclient, in the post text like you do Gunny, with the following orders: I copy the picture of the popup window of HL client and then I paste this in my post in this forum, so everybody can see it.

I mean, Gunny, how did you make it, how could you get this picture in your first reply of my post, Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:57 pm this was your first reply "Hello what is happening is that HL cannot find the .exe to launch your game. So what you must do is open up the client software and while holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys hit connect. That will bring up that search window the yellow text is yours and after this text is shown a popupwindow picture . And how can I paste such a picture in this post ? Then I could show you the problem in pictures.

I found out that the HL Program didn´t search in my programs, but only in one folder and not even in a program folder. I don´t know, I think, maybe Jiri can help me and this problem should be posted in the FAQ.

Greetings

Falke

Ok then lets say you have a picture you want to post here to show a problem.. when you see this picture you must save it some how.
One way of saving it is to hit the print screen key. That takes a copy of what you see on your screen and puts it in the clipboard.

Now you have to open up a picture/photo editing program. This can be ms paint or you might have another better editor like photoshop or many other editors available.

Now that your editor is open select *New* and then paste the contents of your clipboard into it.. presto you now see your screen shot in the editor. Now you crop it so it only shows what you want to show here and save it as an JPG or gif file. with a name of your choosing. Save this file as small as possible while maintaining picture quality. (otherwise a large file will take for ever to load up on other peoples computers when viewed.

Now this picture you have on your computer must be uploaded to your webspace. If you cant do that then ask your internet service provider how. they will tell you..

Everything other is explained here already with ubb code.

Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:57 am Reply with quote

Back to your problem. You have not said if you know where your game executable resides? And if manualy pasting it in the search and hitting *save* worked. ?

I beleive HL should be looking for *eaw.exe*

Post Newbie
Post Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Hallo Gunny, Very Happy

thank you for your engagement, I keep it in my mind to organize webspace, but at the moment its too complicated, because, I have to find out a good free webspaceprovider ( free and good and this is nearly impossible) and this is not enough , I have to manage the upload. I´ve never done it.This cost time and power. Shocked

Therefore I have to explain it in words, not in pictures like professionals do with free webspace. Cool

OK:

First I start the newest HL client > then I tip in the password > then I use following keys --->Ctrl + Shift > then I press "connect" > then the popup window rises , I cannot show it, and the game EAW eg. is still activated in the list above. In the popupwindow one can read following text: "Warning, Hyperlobby cannot find installation folder for EAW game. Please correct/search full path for the game executable in to text box and press save button, for example: C:\EAW....and so on.

I did it, copied the pathway and paste it in the above text and pressed save.> then a warning rises, popup Window says: Warning: Cannot find game path....oh my god....and when I press the search button the client only search in one , only one folder, its mad isnt it ? Razz

Because the client should search in my pathway I gave him, but the client totally ignored this pathway given:D:\Programme\MicroProse Software\European Air War\eaw.exe

Oh my God, this client drives me mad, "but keep cool" I say to me, there must be a solution.

I hope it, and I believe it.

Greetings

Falke

Gunny
Hyper Postman
Hyper Postman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:00 pm Reply with quote

This is the only pop up i see when I enter the eaw room.. And so it should .. I don't have it installed. after I close it I enter the room but I know I wont be able to play. Do you get this popup?

If this is an known issue then I cant help you but Jiri maybe.

The forum database was lost in a system crash over a year ago.

All I can suggest is you reinstall eaw and HL client in the default pathway eg: C:\Program Files\MicroProse Software\European Air War\eaw.exe
I seem to remember an issue with different drives and or the pathway been case sensitive. just patch it to 1.2 and try (no mods or addons)
I also remember an issue of someone with a fat32 on one drive and nfts on the other where the game was installed..
install eaw and HL on the same drive default C:\

You can try that until Jiri replies if you wish.
(he is a busy man)

<fingers crossed>

View next topic
View previous topic